Senior EMC/RF Design for Compliance Engineer
The EMC/RF Compliance Design engineer will work closely with the design teams throughout the product life cycle by specifying regulatory requirements, providing input on product designs relevant to EMC and RF standards, Additionally you will support pre-testing of the Hardware products developed by the design team and supporting the team through product execution,. The DFC Compliance Engineer will also work with operations and sustaining to ensure our devices stay in compliance throughout their product lifetimes.
Be Yourself. Be Open. Stay Hungry and Humble. Collaborate. Challenge. Decide and just Do. These are the behaviors you’ll need for success at Logitech. In this role you will:
- Work directly with product development teams through the entire development process and report on progress of Plan of record (POR) commitments.
- Support development of test plans and SOPs for pretest during the product development.
- Support Debug of any test issues and report back to the development teams.
- Support issuance of required risk assessment documentation as required by regulations.
- Determining and interpreting the relevant compliance standards to test our hardware against based on our specific use case
- Participate and approve in mechanical and electrical design reviews to ensure EMC/EMI and RF Wireless mitigations are properly implemented in the design
- Hands-on testing experience for EMC/EMI compliance of the designs during development (pre-compliance testing).
- Root cause determination and corrective design action for any failures
- Stay up to date on any changes to global agency approvals and testing procedures
For consideration, you must bring the following minimum skills and behaviors to our team:
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or similar technical discipline.
- 3+ years of HW compliance experience on Consumer electronics.
- 6+ years of WLAN/WAN hands on compliance testing, data interpretation and debug experience.
- 6+ years of EMC compliance testing, data interpretation and debug experience.
- Experiences of working with Asia-based manufacturing partners.
- Proven track record of a collaborative teamwork environment
- Ability to move quickly and work in an ambiguous environment
In addition, preferable skills and behaviors include:
- Master Degree in electrical engineering or equivalent technical degree
- 4+ years Hands on EMC and RF design experience focused on HW compliance requirements.
- Track record of bringing consumer products to market under short development cycles
- Use of EMC/RF modeling tools to analyze design pre-protype stage.
- Bachelors pr Masters Degree (proffered) in Electrical Engineering or similar technical degree. Prefer an emphasis in Electromagnetics/RF
Logitech is the sweet spot for people who are passionate about products, making a mark, and having fun doing it. As a company, we’re small and flexible enough for every person to take initiative and make things happen. But we’re big enough in our portfolio, and reach, for those actions to have a global impact. That’s a pretty sweet spot to be in and we’re always striving to keep it that way.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.”
If you require an accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at 510-713- 4866 for assistance.