Principal Automation Engineer
Logitech is the world’s leading provider of personal peripherals that connect people in a natural, intuitive way to the digital experiences they care about. Our product design group strives at developing products with a powerful blend of artistic design, surprising science, and innovation driven by consumer insight. Focused on innovation and quality, we want to change the way people use our peripherals by offering more comfortable, fun, productive, convenient, delightful, and seamless experience with the digital world!
A fundamental part of our strategy is having desirable and powerful devices that enable the experiences people want. Our Creativity Productivity business group is actively looking for a talented Principal Automation QA Engineer to work on our next generation software/firmware testing for productivity peripherals. You will be responsible for design automation and implement functional automation test suites and focusing on infrastructure enhancements providing the high-quality aspects of product releases. You will be a critical member of a team that includes firmware, software, design validation and Marketing.
- Creating test strategies for projects, regardless of their size or complexity. This includes test needs, dependencies, tools, environment, risks, plans, and approaches.
- Multiple types of testing and techniques: functional testing, regression testing, smoke testing, exploratory testing, etc.
- Designs solutions after gathering business and technical requirements.
- Design the architecture and mentor the team to implement automation frameworks that meet the high standards of technology best practices, quality, compliance, and reliability.
- Leverage your technical skills to design & implement automation testing infrastructure, establish formal frameworks, suites, standards and processes, ensure reporting, evaluate and develop new tools and processes to enable development of complex automation system test suites for our next generation software.
- Incorporate consistency, efficiency, and re-usability of test components/scripts in your design
- Drive test automation goals, maintain and optimize test frameworks
- Monitor quality trends, measure automation effectiveness, review process for improvements
- Work in close collaboration with Software Development and DevOps teams to build test automation into continuous integration pipelines
- Drive CI/CD from the testing perspective
- Identifying, advocating, implementing, and enforcing the definition of best practices or process improvements.
- Periodically report testing and automation impact, value, and improvement to stakeholders
For consideration, you must bring the following minimum skills and behaviors to our team:
- A minimum of 10 + years of technical experience in an Automation role with a total of 15+ years of experience in Software Testing
- In-depth understanding of different test automation approaches – Keyword driven, Data-driven, BDD, hybrid
- Design and Development experience in building test frameworks for automating the testing of platform components from functionality, stress, scalability, and performance standpoints
- Understanding of various automation frameworks for UI, web services with HTTP, HTTPS, REST APIs, and JSON
- Demonstrable understanding and/or working knowledge of Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD) and DevOps with Gitlab or similar
- Testing focusing towards achieving 85%+ code coverage using tools and scripting languages.
- Comfortable with build processes, CI processes and managing QA Environments as well as working with tools like Git, Jenkins, Jira and Zephyr
- Strong debug and trace skills data using USB analyzers, wire-shark, or similar tools.
- Preferable skills:
- Experience with cross platform development (Windows/Mac)
- Experience with testing on virtual machines (Virtual Box)
- Experience with build process and tools (CMake)
- Knowledge on HID devices
- B.E/M.E in Computer Science, Electronics, Electrical Engineering or a related field
Logitech is the sweet spot for people who are passionate about products, making a mark, and having fun doing it. As a company, we’re small and flexible enough for every person to take initiative and make things happen. But we’re big enough in our portfolio and reach for those actions to have a global impact. That’s a pretty sweet spot to be in and we’re always striving to keep it that way.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.”
If you require an accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at 510-713-4866 for assistance. #LI-HS1