Firmware/Embedded Software Engineer
The Streamers and Creators group at Logitech stands at the crossroads of audio, video, and control, building microphones, cameras and other devices and tools that give the freedom to creators to do what they do best, creating and publishing awesome content, without having to worry so much about technology.
We are looking for a firmware engineer to help bring life to the products we're creating, to be a great team member, willing to learn, pass on knowledge, and be passionate about having a real impact on keeping quality at the forefront of everything we do.
• Responsible for the design and development of firmware and related software across the entire range of Streamers and Creators projects.
• Incorporate testing at the heart of everything we do, and all the code we write, working closely with the wider engineering team during all stages of product development to understand requirements, design test cases and write code to confirm functionality.
• Understand communication protocols and how these impact low-level interactions with 3rd party devices.
• Evaluate, implement and deploy test automation frameworks for automated testing of embedded devices, including audio and video subsystems.
• Keep up to date with industry trends and be an advocate for best practices.
• 2+ years of proven development experience in C, C++ and scripting languages (eg: Python).
• Be comfortable on the Linux command line, including scripting.
• Broad knowledge of version control systems (especially git).
• An understanding of low level system architecture, including common busses (e.g. UART, i2c, SPI) and how code interacts with hardware in an embedded system.
• Experience with troubleshooting issues, including debugging techniques and tools.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Team player.
Nice to have
• Technologies we use include bluetooth, USB, audio, video streaming, and WiFi. Knowledge of these and the tools used to test them is a definite advantage.
• A basic understanding of how to read electrical schematics and data sheets.
• Experience with testing, instrumentation and code profiling and how this can be applied to embedded development.
Logitech is the sweet spot for people who are passionate about products, making a mark, and having fun doing it. As a company, we’re small and flexible enough for every person to take initiative and make things happen. But we’re big enough in our portfolio, and reach, for those actions to have a global impact. That’s a pretty sweet spot to be in and we’re always striving to keep it that way.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.”
If you require an accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at 510-713- 4866 for assistance.