Technical Manager, Environmental Sustainability
The Technical Manager, Environmental Sustainability will be responsible for activities and requirements of materials. He or She will participate in a lead role in the development of strategic goals and objectives enabling the stakeholders to meet overall corporate goals. Create new solutions and opportunities meeting company’s sustainability vision- not only meeting legislation and also drive the activities beyond compliance.
Be Yourself. Be Open. Stay Hungry and Humble. Collaborate. Challenge. Decide and just Do. These are the behaviors you’ll need for success at Logitech. In this role you will:
- Work with Development/Engineering on materials needs assessment
- Develop and maintain scientific database. Monitor safety and environmental regulations and perform regular risk assessment-- included but not limited to WW RoHS, REACH , Prop 65, Chemical Tax, work place emissions, EPEAT, ECO labeling, Bio-compatibility
- Ability to analysis, interpret and apply materials and procedures in a variety of situations and recommend effective solutions.
- Review industry trends and conduct evaluation of material properties of significant technological breakthrough. Make recommendations based on your evaluations.
- Skilled in applying basic principles, concepts and practices to perform research and analysis assignments on Materials.
- Provide direction and guidance on tactical and strategic process improvements in establishing policies/standards
- Drive environmental requirements across development teams, testing labs, supplier and manufacturing partners.
- Provides technical direction and guidance for company programs.
- Conduct evaluation on specific materials, user scenario and determine risk assessment.
- Monitor NGO and industry trend in your area of expertise and propose future plan.
For consideration, you must bring the following minimum skills and behaviors to our team:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Material Science, Chemical Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of related experience in materials/cost management or related field, and/or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Familiar with RoHS, REACH, Prop 65 legislation requirement and corresponding testing
- Broad working knowledge and experience in polymer, rubber, fabric/ synthetic leather etc material or formulation experience.
- Understanding of Design for sustainability concepts: extension of useful life, serviceability, recycling, post-consumer recycled content, bio-based materials or Life cycle assessment (LCA).
- Familiarity with voluntary initiatives: EPEAT, ECO labeling, retailer sustainability requirements etc.
- Experience in toxicology and biocompatibility of materials - ISO 10993, skin sensitization, global textile compliance.
- Thorough understanding of Design for sustainability concepts: extension of useful life, serviceability, recycling, post-consumer recycled content, bio-based materials or Life cycle assessment (LCA).
- Professional knowledge of general engineering principals as required to support research
- Cooperate with team members with effective two way communication, timely constructive feedback
- Creative problem-solving skill with a hands on approach to product development.
- Serves as expert advisor on integration of technical aspects and system performance with other
- Has senior level expertise to carry out complex projects/tasks/ assignments. Direct and coordinate major activities utilizing a wide variety of skills and experience. Demonstrates the ability to think strategically.
- Demonstrated strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Help to drive change in basic business processes across the company
Logitech is the sweet spot for people who are passionate about products, making a mark, and having fun doing it. As a company, we’re small and flexible enough for every person to take initiative and make things happen. But we’re big enough in our portfolio, and reach, for those actions to have a global impact. That’s a pretty sweet spot to be in and we’re always striving to keep it that way.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.”