Compliance Project Manager (1-Year Contract)
The regulatory compliance engineer will be assigned to one, or more, of the Logitech Business Groups (BGs) to ensure products meet all regulatory requirements by working collaboratively internally, and externally, from frame and vision through the design concept phase and into to mass production. This position will have the responsibility to ensure a product meets the technical regulations for every country where the product is to be sold. The regulatory compliance engineer achieves this by working in a cross-functional team environment, organizing design reviews and pre-compliance evaluations.. They also provide markings guidance, scheduling final testing through accredited and in-country labs, work with multiple agents pursuing applications for certification through country authorities, and sustain product compliance adherence worldwide including renewals, and overseeing compliance critical design changes to existing products. This position reports directly to Product Regulatory Compliance Manager.
Be Yourself. Be Open. Stay Hungry and Humble. Collaborate. Challenge. Decide and just Do. These are the behaviors you’ll need for success at Logitech. In this role you will:
• Monitor, interpret, understand and communicate regulatory impactful items pertaining to BG project portfolios
• Identify and manage compliance risks that are presented in BG Product Portfolios including, but not limited to: RF, EMC, Product Safety, and Energy Efficiency
• Prevent compliance issues by collaborating with design teams; managing compliance design reviews, and confirming the resolution of engineering design issues/failures found in pre-compliance evaluations
• Interact with outside test laboratories and regulatory agencies as required to obtain testing services, product approvals, and interpretations of regulatory requirements
• Acquire compliance documents by completing approval applications; test reports and certificates, generating Declarations of Conformity; and uploading documentation to corporate databases
• Collaborate closely with BG Program Managers to help their understanding of how compliance items will impact NPI Launch Schedule
• Ensure compliance critical component requirements are addressed by the Component Engineering Team to meet regulatory requirements (batteries, external power supplies, cables, etc.)
• Identify any new technical features in the BG Product Portfolios that may present unique compliance challenges and articulate the findings back to the BG Project Team.
• Work closely with internal and external compliance experts to ensure the success of all products at Logitech as it relates to product regulatory compliance
For consideration, you must bring the following minimum skills and behaviors to our team:
• Bachelor's degree or greater in Engineering, or Technology related degree, or work equivalent of 10 years experience
• At least four years of experience in product regulatory compliance (preferably in consumer electronics)
• Thorough understanding of worldwide EMC requirements
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Eager team orientated contributor that has a willingness to advise, listen, learn, and execute
Logitech is the sweet spot for people who are passionate about products, making a mark, and having fun doing it. As a company, we're small and flexible enough for every person to take initiative and make things happen. But we're big enough in our portfolio, and reach, for those actions to have a global impact. That's a pretty sweet spot to be in and we're always striving to keep it that way.
"All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability."