CMF Design Lead
CMF DESIGN LEAD
As the Colour, Materials, and Finishes (CMF) Design Lead for Logitech, you will help define and drive the future of Logitech hardware experience. In this role you will work with Product Management, Engineering and design leadership to identify and set product strategy, envision HW portfolio and inspire teams to push the boundaries of what’s possible. You possess a clear vision of the future of consumer electronics and product experience and have the courage to pursue forward-thinking design to drive brand and business success.
In this role, you will apply your passion for Design as a CMF expert to guide design creative strategy and vision through a sustainability and CMF mindset, mentor members of our team, and collaborate with leaders of ID, CI, UX and Engineering teams to create innovative experiences across all of the BG/brand family of products.
This is both a leadership and hands-on role and will require balancing leading projects/explorations within Logitech Business Group, developing a multidisciplinary way of working with designers, as well as providing leadership for strategic thinking.
Move fast. Speak up. Decide and own. Drive change. Exceed customer needs. These are some of the winning behaviors you’ll need for success at Logitech. In this role you will:
- Raise the bar for product quality across our products by advocating for user-centred product roadmaps and insights driven by user/business/technology research.
- Building CMF strategies that connect social/target consumer lifestyle trends with material technologies and product concepts. Creating renderings, artwork and material samples to illustrate the strategy.
- Inspire and articulate meaningful application of colours and materials. Functional and sensorial considerations of CMF explorations and decisions.
- Drive sustainability efforts in Design through considered material strategies and implementation, supporting the company's environmental commitments.
- Provide leadership, direction and mentorship for a team of Designers; lead creative and holistic thinking across diverse product programs and strategic projects.
- Implement culture and principles within the group, while setting new standards in operational excellence.
- Researching innovative sustainable materials and processes, to drive game-changing product innovation. Engaging directly with suppliers at trade shows and material workshops. Forging new collaborative relationships
For consideration, you must bring the following minimum skills and behaviors to our team:
- 10+ years of experience designing and shipping HW product experiences.
- An impressive Design portfolio with samples demonstrating: excellent knowledge of material technologies and manufacturing processes, awareness of social, environmental and design trends, ability to articulate meaningful CMF design considerations.
- Have experience in leading work from research, identifying trends and delivering unique strategies and CMF design solutions into the market.
- Demonstrable experience leading other designers, successful cross-disciplinary and functional teams collaborate to design for good user experience and growth for the business.
- Experience conducting user research to amplify research and design impact.
- An understanding of how design and CMF play critical roles in designing for a better environment.
- The expertise in using design tools (i.e CAD, Keyshot, Creative suite +) to produce high fidelity prototypes and appearance models.
- Degree in Industrial Design (or relevant design background) at a Bachelor level, or equivalent combination of education and experience
Small Company. Big Products.
At Logitech we act like a small company. We believe that anyone can have the best idea. We are innovators, creators and designers. We challenge ourselves and each other, and believe that success is never final. We push the limit, because great is not good enough. We inspire, delight and empower the world. We are Logitech.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.