Sourcing Manager - New Technology
The Sourcing Manager from Supplier Evolution Team is responsible for new supplier and technology scouting and promote of new tech learnt to engineering team from supplier market.
Be Yourself. Be Open. Stay Hungry and Humble. Collaborate. Challenge. Decide and just Do. These are the behaviors you’ll need for success at Logitech. In this role you will:
• To provide supplier solution to R&D partner for feasibility study through scouting on new technology including finished goods, component, process and material. He/She needs to be a leader on new supplier and technology to communicate and introduction from supplier market prospective for supporting our Tech development in long term.
• Externally, this role will need to interact with suppliers through meeting, trade fair and site visit. Internally, this role will be the scouting lead for new technology to work with all BGs.
• This role need to face with different enquiries from BGa. He/she needs to learn and catch up fast to provide immediate response to customer for scouting support on feasibility study and technical investigation. The candidate needs to manage multi-tasking as we may have 20 project run together for the new technology scouting.
• Business trips are required, e.g attending trade show/fair in Asia region and working in other Logitech offices. About 30% travel time.
For consideration, you must bring the following minimum skills and behaviors to our team:
• Engineering academic (Engineering is a must) background and technical sourcing experience for identify new suppliers especially on new technology and material;
• Good communication skill to manage the stakeholders;
• Good Business negotiation skill also needed as he/she will involve for NDA, NRE,tooling and prototype cost discussion;
• Good presentation skill to promote new technology that learnt from supplier market Engineering team for their consideration.
In addition, preferable skills and behaviors include:
• Interested in learning new technology trend;
• Knowing how to promote the new tech with R&D team in product development;
• Experience in working for multi-national company;
• Energetic, Curious, Open-minded, Fast Learner, Flexible, Creative, Team Player and Result oriented.
• Degree holder, preferably in Material, Mechanical or Electronic Engineering.
Logitech is the sweet spot for people who are passionate about products, making a mark, and having fun doing it. As a company, we’re small and flexible enough for every person to take initiative and make things happen. But we’re big enough in our portfolio, and reach, for those actions to have a global impact. That’s a pretty sweet spot to be in and we’re always striving to keep it that way.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.”