Jaybird is an active lifestyle consumer electronics brand. Jaybird makes premium market leading sports tech products to inspire people to be active and empower them to improve their lives. Jaybird has pioneered the sports Bluetooth® headphone market in the US. Jaybird is obsessed with delivering insanely great sound that goes with you throughout your day. For more information, please visit www.jaybirdsport.com.
Jaybird, the Jaybird logo, and other marks are registered in Switzerland and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Logitech acquired Jaybird in April 2016 and is committed to grow Jaybird brand WW.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Lead the mechanical engineering design for audio wearables programs
- By working with ID and Product Marketing teams, architect mechanical design for the product to meet specified form factor, functionality and reliability requirements
- Develop detailed CAD designs and ensure DFM, DFA closure
- Release designs to prototyping and manufacturing houses
- Working with process engineering, tooling engineering, reliability engineering to make sure the
product can successfully transition from engineering to operations teams
- Travel to the factory location to bring up and resolve issues with the product as necessary
- Collaborate with cross-site electrical, firmware, software and design teams as required
- Deeply technical – should be an expert in building highly reliable very small form factor con sumer electronics products
- Should be able to quickly assess cost, yield, tooling, material and reliability implications of a design approach and be able to communicate them to the ID and PM teams
- Ability to solve problems from understanding of first principles
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to understand system level impact of mechanical designs
- Detail Oriented
- Should have taken at least two small form factor consumer electronics products from concept to volume production. Experience in audio consumer electronics products or wearable products preferred
- Should have prior experience building waterproof and sweat-proof mechanical designs
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering, Masters preferred
Logitech is the sweet spot for people who are passionate about products, making a mark, and having fun doing it. As a company, we’re small and flexible enough for every person to take initiative and make things happen. But we’re big enough in our portfolio, and reach, for those actions to have a global impact. That’s a pretty sweet spot to be in and we’re always striving to keep it that way.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.”
If you require an accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1-510-713-4866 for assistance.