Logitech is looking for a Head of Design to partner with our Mainstream business team in the design, development and delivery of Logitech’s Simply Better line of mice and keyboards. In addition to managing the design of all new hardware and software related products for this business, this role will work closely with the Product and Engineering teams to develop the future roadmap for new products, services and solutions for the Simply Better target audience.
To deliver on this mission, this role will lead a cross disciplinary design team of Industrial Design, User Experience, CMF, and Consumer Insights to ensure all products released by the business meet user needs and key experience KPIs, all product design processes provide ample time and energy to explore user needs and desirability requirements, and product design cycles meet budget and timeline requirements.
- Providing leadership of and hands-on participation in the delivery all design output for a major Logitech line of business on time and within budget -- and at appropriate, measurable level of customer desirability.
- Managing and mentoring a cross-discipline product design team.
- Managing and maintaining target audience needs and guidelines.
- Partnering with business to design our target audience Portfolio and Strategy.
- Identifying and articulating new opportunities for our target audience including hardware, software and services.
- Providing hands-on designer development, career coaching and mentoring.
- Driving user validation protocols & KPIs.
- Owning experience related testing and refinement.
- Overseeing packaging requirements.
- Providing input to Logitech Design Disciplines’ Strategy including CMF, SW, ID, Platforms, and Packaging.
- Experience leading design for consumer products -- digital or hardware or both
- Proven track record delivering key design initiatives to support new product release and drive user adoption
- Demonstrable portfolio of software, service, or hardware products for which you led the end-to-end product design lifecycle
- Experience leveraging quantitative and qualitative quality metrics to measure product acceptability and desirability as well as the processes by which to develop, maintain and leverage them
- Understanding of cost, ROI and innovation tradeoffs to ensure product and portfolio choices deliver appropriately on cost and schedule
- Excellent negotiation and collaboration skills on behalf of end users and the company
- Cross-discipline design mentorship and coaching
- Experience designing or partnering with the design of platforms used for key product experiences
- Legally permitted to live and work in Taiwan
• 10+ years of industry experience
Logitech is the sweet spot for people who are passionate about products, making a mark, and having fun doing it. As a company, we’re small and flexible enough for every person to take initiative and make things happen. But we’re big enough in our portfolio, and reach, for those actions to have a global impact. That’s a pretty sweet spot to be in and we’re always striving to keep it that way. “All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.