Engineer, Sr Mechanical Design- Video Collaboration
The responsibilities for this position include mechanical design and development of Video Engineer from product front end, through product design and launch into successful mass production, with a clear focus on user experience. The ability to use Pro/E and analysis tools to create reliable mechanical designs for volume mass production is required. May provide regular coaching and mentoring to junior team members. Additional responsibilities include ensuring product features achieve cost, schedule, reliability, regulatory and safety goals.
Be Yourself. Be Open. Stay Hungry and Humble. Speak up. Collaborate. Challenge. Decide and just Do. These are the behaviors you’ll need for success at Logitech. In this role you will:
• Design, analysis, documentation and testing of complex mechanical parts and assemblies. Analyze critical areas of design with use of appropriate analysis tools.
• Play a key role in ensuring the final design meets quality, cost, and user experience objectives, and achieves specifications of reliability, manufacturability, and ESD containment.
• Partner with Manufacturing teams/Suppliers to ensure our designs are optimized for mass production.
• Resolve ME issues/challenges.
• Provide regular coaching and mentoring to junior team members.
• Partner and collaborate with other worldwide functions to achieve seamless product development.
• Launch the development and qualification of plastic tooling, including design debug.
• Contribute to Technology Roadmap, develop and implement module/design/ platform.
• Existing working system & process improvement.
For consideration, you must bring the following skills and behaviors to our team:
• Master / Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
• 8+ years experience in mechanical design/development of high volume consumer electronic products.
• Strong product front end experience with a demonstrated track record collaborating with cross functional teams to idealize feasible solutions to enable great products.
• Strong knowledge in various manufacturing process and able to identify most suitable process according to part requirements.
• Possess methodology for new technology (material, process, etc.) study and capable of developing & implementing these for new feature/function requirements on a product.
• Good knowledge of plastic, tooling, injection molding, assemble process, cosmetic finishes, and defect analysis.
• Good knowledge in metal punch tool structure and design.
• Good Pro/E and AutoCAD skills.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Strong in risk management.
• Advanced Knowledge of quality tools such as DFMEA, DFMA, PSS and Tolerance analysis.
• Fluent prototyping skills.
• Good understanding in Project Management principles.
• CAE is a plus.
• Strong team leader.
• Taking initiative in job.
• Creative and self-motivated.
• Good command of English writing and speaking, and ability to make file for presentations.
• Experience in mouse, keyboard, computer, camera, cell phone and related consumer electronic products.
• Experience in injection molded plastic industry.
Logitech is the sweet spot for people who are passionate about products, making a mark, and having fun doing it. As a company, we’re small and flexible enough for every person to take initiative and make things happen. But we’re big enough in our portfolio, and reach, for those actions to have a global impact. That’s a pretty sweet spot to be in and we’re always striving to keep it that way.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.”
If you require an accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (510)713- 4866 for assistance.