Software QA Engineer
The Software QA Engineer will be part of the IT Digital Innovation team focusing on QA strategy and execution for various business systems. As a Software QA Engineer you will be responsible for planning, automation and execution of verification cycles of business applications.
Move fast. Speak up. Decide and own. Drive change. Exceed customer needs. These are some of the winning behaviors you’ll need for success at Logitech. In this role you will:
- Develop high quality test plans and execute them to validate requirements
Work with development teams to understand changes made in systems to ensure proper testing plans cover new variations
Conduct tests before changes are released to business for UAT
Coordinate with cross functional, internal & external teams to facilitate user acceptance testing prior to deployment activities
- Conduct manual and automated tests post release
- Lead activities and programs to develop and run manual and automated tests to ensure product quality and prevent regressive issues from occurring
- Log bugs and errors to development teams
- Continually improve test processes and practices based on inspection/adaptation of previous iterations.
- Generate test reports and dashboards for management communication as needed
- Collaboratively work with different stakeholders like Dev, BA, Project Manager, etc.
- Perform various types of testing like sanity, functional, exploratory, integration and system testing
- Provide effective communication regarding issues, objectives, initiatives and share regular status reports with all stakeholders.
- Escalate and follow-up in a timely manner about all blocking issues.
- Proactively seek ways to incorporate new/creative ideas and methodologies into testing efforts by keeping abreast of current methodologies, technologies and tools.
For consideration, you must bring the following minimum skills and behaviors to our team:
- 3+ years of software QA experience preferably
- Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools
- Experience in any Open Source Automation Tools, is a plus.
- Ability to understand business requirements documents and generate test cases from them.
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience in writing test plans, test automation, and test cases
- Good in communicating with stakeholders, even if they are remote.
Excellent documentation, writing, and communication skills
Problem solving skills, and ability to troubleshoot issues and discover root cause
Attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced setting and prioritize among competing tasks and assignments
- Strong organizational skills, ability to track multiple test executions/regressions simultaneously and synthesize the results.
- Must be a self-starter, with the ability to work independently without constant supervision and micromanagement
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, work management, communications and analytical skills, business and technical curiosity and fast learner.
- Excellent written and verbal skills
• Should have Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems (or) Engineering major.
Small Company. Big Products.
At Logitech we act like a small company. We believe that anyone can have the best idea. We are innovators, creators and designers. We challenge ourselves and each other, and believe that success is never final. We push the limit, because great is not good enough. We inspire, delight and empower the world. We are Logitech.