Senior Project Manager - Blue Microphones
Blue Microphones is looking for a talented Launch Project Manager. The ideal candidate will combine experience in the relevant industries with a passion for managing the creation of innovative and visionary products. Candidates should have substantial experience in managing start-to-finish product development projects, with consistent collaboration with the company's engineering team, operations team, and product managers as well as our China based manufacturing partners. Candidates must be comfortable managing limited engineering resources across numerous parallel projects, and must have a healthy passion for audio products.
Be Yourself. Be Open. Stay Hungry and Humble. Collaborate. Challenge. Decide and just Do. These are the behaviors you’ll need for success at Logitech. In this role you will:
• Lead project management activities for sustaining microphone product lifecycle management.
• Partner with product management, supply chain, and manufacturing on cost and quality enhancement/improvement pertaining to existing and legacy product
• Manage cable & accessory project development, partner with internal cross-functional teams and external suppliers in doing the planning, scheduling, and budgetary tasks
• Drive and manage projects with top-down oversight throughout the entire execution to ensure success
• Coordinate problem-solving activities to improve processes, resolve non-conformances, and help maximize the Blue microphone engineering team performance (safety, quality, productivity, and cost)
• Collaborate with contract manufacturers to assure successful product transfer and sustaining activities • Implement ECO changes to product and manufacturing processes
• Accomplish operational objectives by overseeing multiple project activities
• Set team goals and track the progress of and for the team and team members
• Advise/mentor team members, prioritize team tasks, and assign individual work
• Participate in troubleshooting, problem-solving, failure analysis, root cause, and corrective action processes as required
For consideration, you must bring the following minimum skills and behaviors to our team:
• At least 3 years of project management experience in a high-tech environment with a cross-functional and global team managing new and sustaining product development
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively across disciplines required
• Good knowledge of project management concepts and implementation project team leading skills
• Ability to develop comprehensive project schedules using Microsoft Project or similar industry standard scheduling tools
• Proficient in the use of Agile document control for part creation, bills of material creation and change orders
• Establish, maintain, and drive multiple projects, product variations or product bundles
• Drive schedules for successful, on-time launch and delivery.
• Communicate updates crystal clearly to the executive management team
• Work closely with the engineering team and product managers to balance development demands with available resources and requirements
• Daily interaction with China contract manufacturers and suppliers to establish and support project schedule
• Mediate the demands of project schedule with the requirements of product excellence
• Work with product managers to create new product/project business cases and manage/track product BOMs
• Maintain and develop ongoing relationships with domestic and international manufacturing and industry partners
• Proficient in the use of Google Docs, MS-Office, or similar industry standard tools
• Effective English communication skills – both written and verbal.
• Bachelor or master degree in Marketing, Engineering or Business Administration
Logitech is the sweet spot for people who are passionate about products, making a mark, and having fun doing it. As a company, we’re small and flexible enough for every person to take initiative and make things happen. But we’re big enough in our portfolio, and reach, for those actions to have a global impact. That’s a pretty sweet spot to be in and we’re always striving to keep it that way.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.”