Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Our Video Collaboration products help companies stay connected and can be found in the conference rooms of some of the biggest businesses in the world. We are a small nimble group and we are growing our team. We create amazing experiences in the conference room using creative design, surprising science, and innovation. We love what we do because we are passionate about connecting people and we use the products we create every day to stay connected to our team.
Want to be part of this team of collaboration innovators? We are looking for a talented Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer. You will be part of a small team of engineers focused on ensuring that our video collaboration solutions provide an amazing experience by creating, enhancing, and enforcing Software Quality Assurance processes.
Be Yourself. Be Open. Stay Hungry and Humble. Collaborate. Challenge. Decide and just Do. These are the behaviors you’ll need for success at Logitech.
In this role you will need to:
- Be able to extract and create Embedded Software Test Plans by reviewing marketing document (PRD) and update it during the course of project.
- Lead and manage HW+ESW+SW (System) testing for Logitech products.
- Understanding of Software/Firmware requirements set by engineering and Component Leads.
- Work with Product Development teams to understand UX requirements and develop test cases for system level validation.
- Create new system level test plans and develop test strategies as assigned.
- Review and track user stories, acceptance criteria and product requirements.
- Challenge the development team to provide the best customer experience possible.
- Design, develop and maintain brand-new approaches to middleware and firmware testing, including automation.
- Accept, leverage, and provide constructive feedback on existing frameworks and code developed by others.
- Have a proven track record of testing HW peripheral like cameras, webcam, audio speaker phones on PC’s. MAC’s, and mobile devices, and being able to report and gather important information to debug and pass on to Development.
- Be able to set up test systems to support various audio/video applications, and to recommend areas of improvements and enhancements.
- Have a proven track record of testing both software applications on PC’s, Mac’s, and mobile devices, and being able to report and gather important information to debug and pass on to Development
- Have a proven track record of mentoring junior and/or less experienced QA team members and be a force-multiplier
- Work with automation team to identify automation and stress test opportunities.
- Responsible for overseeing of all Quality Assurance functions include planning, strategy, creating new test cases and test plans and test execution and tools.
- Ensure traceability of test cases to requirements, working with the project owners to ensure all requirements are tested.
- Lead QA efforts in determination of need, selection and implementation, and maintenance of QA tools needed for functional testing.
- Documenting, managing and debugging system defects through the use of agile methodologies using Jira.
- Develop and test software/firmware solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas.
For consideration, you must bring the following minimum skills and behaviors to our team:
- Proven ability to lead and grow a functional team.
- Background in system level and User Experience testing.
- Ability to develop test cases and methodologies and come out with innovative ideas for problem solving.
- Comfortable working with multi-functional teams and in supporting development in debugging and reproducing issues.
- Experience working closely with development and business teams to communicate problem impacts and to understand business requirements
- Thrive in a collaborative environment and can clearly communicate while expertly driving multiple projects across many teams.
- Passionate and inquisitive, and seek to tackle everyday problems in innovative ways.
- Python, C/C++, Java and/or other scripting languages to support and create automation and unit tests with limited manual interaction.
- Exposure to designing, running, implementing and supporting stress and load testing against hardware devices and to UI and Cloud.
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum environment
- Experience with Testcase Management Tools like Zephyr/TestRail
- Experience with Agile tools like JIRA/Confluence/Kanban
- Experience with CI Tools like Jenkins and Git
- Experience with Android Debugging Tools like adb
- Good Verbal and Written communication skills
- Familiar with using USB devices like webcams and speakers on both PC and MAC.
- Being able to travel to Taiwan, as needed
- Fluent in English is a must
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong debug and trace skills data using USB analyzers, wire-shark, or similar tools.
- 8 + years of experience in a FW/SWQA role and/or troubleshooting role
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- 8+ years of experience in Hardware and Software testing.
Logitech is the sweet spot for people who are passionate about products, making a mark, and having fun doing it. As a company, we’re small and flexible enough for every person to take initiative and make things happen. But we’re big enough in our portfolio, and reach, for those actions to have a global impact. That’s a pretty sweet spot to be in and we’re always striving to keep it that way.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.”
If you require an accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at 510-713- 4866 for assistance.