Senior/Principal Kernel Linux&Android BSP
Who we are:
We are a fast-paced, nimble group with a mission to make the Video Conferencing experience for the remote participant better than being physically in the conference room by using technologies such as Computer Vision/Machine Learning, Cloud Computing and, the Internet of Things (IoT). Our group is run like a startup, by people who have a track record of leading teams in other startups and/or top tier technology companies such as Netflix and Amazon and the results speak for themselvaes.
What we build:
We build great products from simple video devices to complete integrated video conference solutions running Android (and partner apps). Here are some examples:
- Bachelor (Master preferred) in Engineering (Electrical, Computer Science)
- At least 10 years in the software industry, and at least 7 years fiddling with the Kernel
- Strong C/C++ experience, including deep debugging/analysis skills (on logs, JTAG, core dump, etc...)
- Clear understanding of system image build process (Yocto, AOSP build), and device flashing
- Deep understanding of Linux Kernel fundamentals, and internal structure
- Extensive experience with bring-up of Android or Linux devices
- Deep knowledge of SoC power-up sequence (from off to command prompt/app launch) on ARM-based SoC
- Experience developing custom drivers and integrating vendor code
- Experience integrating or developing custom device drivers using protocols such as USB, UART, I2C, I2S, etc...
- Strong coding abilities
Additionally, strong experience in at least one of the following Linux specific subsystem/protocol is a plus:
- Networking (including Wifi)
- Video for Linux (v4l)
- USB gadget (UVC, UAC, ...)
- Bluetooth & BLE
- Device Tree
- HDMI in, HDMI out, DP
- Audio (Alsa, UAC, codecs)
Demonstrable contribution to the kernel (upstreaming) would be a clear plus
Who you are:
- Passionate about Linux, the Kernel, and Open-Source in general
- High standard in code quality, and maintainability
- Strong sense of ownership "no problem is not your problem"
- Quick learner, and willing to tackle new areas
- Using Linux as your main daily driver, and not be afraid to tackle any issue
What will you do?
- participate in product BSP bring up, including system upgrades (kernel and Android)
- Develop and maintain Android & Linux system baselines (in collaboration with major SoC vendors)
- Develop and maintain Custom Linux drivers and HAL implementations
- Integrate third-party vendor drivers and framework
- Support Logitech teams for all their Kernel needs (across all Logitech)
- Ensure Linux and Android systems are fully secured
on top of that:
* Be the kernel/AOSP evangelist within Logitech
* Be the central point of reference for best practices in your field
* Represent Logitech on Linux Kernel subsystems
* Support Logitech teams in your related field of expertise
and, if you are up to it:
* Attend major Linux/Kernel & AOSP conferences related to your field, and help Logitech keep track of new trends
* Play an active role in the community (AOSP, Linux Kernel) to support Logitech products
* spend up to 20% time to support Open-Source in your related field (in relation to Logitech overall goals)
More about us and Logitech:
What is the first thing you think of when I mention Logitech? If you are like most people, you are probably thinking keyboard, mouse and, webcam. However, did you know that Logitech is the market leader in Video Collaboration (VC) equipment in the enterprise market? In fact, we sell more VC equipment than the next two competitors combined!
We are a fast-paced, nimble group with a mission to make the Video Conferencing experience for the remote participant better than being physically in the conference room by using technologies such as Computer Vision/Machine Learning, Cloud Computing and, the Internet of Things (IoT). Our group is run like a startup, by people who have a track record of leading teams in other startups and/or top tier technology companies such as Netflix and Amazon and the results speak for themselves. We have consistently had mid to high double-digit growth over the past several years, including a whopping 81% in the latest quarter.
We are looking for talented engineers and leaders to join our growing team of innovators and go-getters to deliver the next set of revolutionary products. Ideal candidates will exhibit a high degree of ownership, independent thinking, a die-hard, can-do attitude with a burning desire to challenge and change the status quo.
Do you have what it takes to board this rocket ship and redefine an entire industry? If so, we can't wait to talk to you and bring you on board.
kudos if you read this far (we placed this at the end, so you wouldn't have to go through all this, just to get the point, but so that you know:
Logitech is the sweet spot for people who are passionate about products, making a mark, and having fun doing it. As a company, we’re small and flexible enough for every person to take initiative and make things happen. But we’re big enough in our portfolio, and reach, for those actions to have a global impact. That’s a pretty sweet spot to be in and we’re always striving to keep it that way.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.”
If you require an accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and, need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at 1-510-713- 4866 for assistance.