Head of AMR Finance, Director
Logitech AMR Region is part of Logitech global commercial organization and the biggest region in Logitech WW including United States, Canada, Brazil, Mexico and other north/south America countries. The organization runs more than B Net Sales every year and drives profitable growth. The role of Head of AMR Finance is a critical business partner with region’s leadership team in framing strategies that deliver sustainable, broad based top and bottom line growth. A significant part of this role is to lead financial target setting, investment decisions and ensure delivery each quarter and fiscal year.
The Head of AMR Finance is part of the AMR governance model to actively steer the region’s business and financial affairs with the respective heads of sales, categories, marketing, countries and function. The position is accountable to deliver required financial reporting, planning and analysis. Responsibilities also include oversight of quarterly accounting close, coordination with Controllership and compliance with applicable policies and standards.
Drive financial leadership of AMR and its commercial Organization.
- Foster entrepreneurial spirit to shape the strategic direction for existing and new business opportunities and drive sustained, profitable growth of .2BN Net Sales business
- Provide thought leadership and influence to achieve growth with optimized profitability through favorable product/channel/customer mix, pricing and promotional decisions and rationalized customer program offerings
- Recommend targets for corporate submission (OPS) and internal objectives (Sales Commission Plan)
- Deliver revenue and contribution margin commitments together with agreed operating leverage objectives
- Monitor and report progress of business and financial performance; drive continuous improvement
- Provide pro-active, timely and objective financial advice to the commercial organization and its support team
Lead planning, budgeting and financial review process to consistently, predictably and transparently meet/exceed quarterly and annual targets
- Own AMR planning process. Deliver corporate financial submission in a timely, accurate manner. Coordinate planning activities across Categories, Channels, Clusters & Business Operations teams
- Establish budget proposal for direct investments in category, countries and channels (Promo, MDF; MarCom)
- Propose, align and control operating expenses (OPEX) for personnel, external and infrastructure cost
- Drive transparency on planning status in and outside the region and with Global commercial organization team
- Prepare reporting packages and lead financial reviews and commentary for monthly, quarterly, and annual cycles
Actively contribute to AMR Governance Structure; improve process effectiveness, simplicity and transparency
- Personally accountable for AMR Region financial stewardship; monitor P&L target delivery and management
- Oversee weekly review of Sell-Out, Direct Customers Sales and Revenue with Head of Sales, category and Business Operations
- Identify opportunities to improve, simplify and strengthen the AMR governance model
Secure excellence in accounting and compliance standards
- Drive adherence to applicable policies with AMR leadership team, General Counsel and Controllership
- Enable AMR organization to consistently meet standards by implementing simple and adequate controls
- Deliver industry benchmark in accounting performance through improvements in processes, systems and people
- Oversee monthly, quarterly and yearly close cycle to ensure 100% integrity with SOX, US & Swiss GAAP
- Interact closely and support Controllership to ensure compliance for Revenue Recognition, Claims, Credit and Collections, Procurement, etc., as well as interact with Internal and External Audit functions
Energize, lead and develop the AMR finance organization
- Develop World Class Finance team to excel in business impact, partnership, financial analysis and productivity
- Continuously motivate, train and coach ~10 person Finance team
- Champion leadership, financial and management capability building of team and key business partners/teams
KEY BUSINESS PARTNERS AND INTERFACES
- AMR Head of Sales, Category, Marketing and Sales Operation
- Global commercial Finance leadership team and category/GTM team
- Head of Corporate FP&A, Key Controllership/Accounting Roles
- Exposure to CFO on quarter actual/forecasts.
- Position reports to the Head of Global Commercial Finance and based in Newark, California
- Bachelor/Master degree in Finance, Business Management or other related degree
- At least 12-15 years solid FP&A experience, primarily in commercial finance as active business partner
- Passionate in business planning and development by using financial tools. Detail oriented with strong analytical skills (both qualitative and quantitative) and the ability to establish facts, build analytics model, propose business insights and present to various level of management team.
- Ability to drive change and influence business results; provide an independent view to the business
- Self motivated, able to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Enthusiastic with strong interpersonal and cross functional communication skills
- Experience in building and leading the team to perform and win as ONE team
- Proficiency in MS Office with advanced Excel working knowledge, PowerPoint, Oracle Essbase and Hyperion
- Experience in consumer electronic industry, FMCG and E-commerce is a plus
- Experience in dealing with Amazon, Bestbuy and other big AMR R(e)tail is a plus
Logitech is the sweet spot for people who are passionate about products, making a mark, and having fun doing it. As a company, we’re small and flexible enough for every person to take initiative and make things happen. But we’re big enough in our portfolio, and reach, for those actions to have a global impact. That’s a pretty sweet spot to be in and we’re always striving to keep it that way.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.”