Senior Group Lead of Research Operations
Logitech is the sweet spot for people who are passionate about products, making a mark, and having fun doing it. We offer a unique opportunity to design, build and ship products that intersect the digital with the physical. We are a place where you are invited to bring your whole self to work. Confident, never arrogant - we value collaboration as much as craft.
The Consumer Insights team works as part of Logitech’s larger Design Team. As an in-house insights team, we provide consumer and user focused strategic support for our business partners. Our role is to keep the organization grounded in the reality of consumer lives, to scout for innovation opportunities for the future, and to make sure the experiences that our innovation teams are working on are challenged.
As the Group Lead of Research Operations, you will be responsible for the development and leadership of a team of Research Operations professionals. You will report to the Director of Consumer Insights.
- Research Operations discipline leadership: defining, executing and communicating the group’s mission, strategy and value to the organisation.
- Managing the group’s infrastructure, budget and processes to manage the user panels that support all our design studios globally.
- Recruitment and team talent development for the Research Operations team.
- Elevating user and usability research standards and best practices at Logitech.
- Close collaboration with Design and Product Management teams to ensure the value your team is providing evolves with the organisational need.
- Establishing and maintaining strong external partner and vendor relationships.
- Hands on research operations work yourself:
- creating and maintaining user panels,
- scheduling of interviews,
- maintenance of in house research facilities,
- taking care of NDA and user data privacy documents,
- Training and coaching business partners on how to learn from users
- 10+ years in user / consumer research; at least 2 years responsibility for research in Asia and Europe.
- 2+ years experience in managing a Research Operations team.
- 5+ years of user research experience in applied product research: breadth of research methods and UX research tools.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to present information creatively, concisely and effectively.
- Degree in Psychology, Cognitive Science, Human Factors, Anthropology, Sociology, Design or a related field with a strong emphasis on social science or human research.
- Fluency in French or Chinese/Mandarin a plus.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.”
If you require an accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at 510-713- 4866 for assistance.