Senior Back-end Developer
Jaybird is an active lifestyle consumer electronics brand. Jaybird makes premium market leading sports tech products to inspire people to be active and empower them to improve their lives. Jaybird has pioneered the sports Bluetooth® headphone market in the US. Jaybird is obsessed with delivering an insanely great sound that goes with you throughout your day. Logitech acquired Jaybird in April 2016 and is committed to growing Jaybird brand WW.
The Jaybird MySound App is a market leader in its category and consistently earns 4.6 to 4.9 stars on iOS and Android. We are looking for a creative, dynamic back-end developer as part of our growing software team.
For more information, please visit www.jaybirdsport.com.
In this role you will:
Be responsible for hands-on development and testing of backend web and cloud services that
interface to Jaybird iOS and Android mobile applications.
· Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
· Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
· Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic
· Implementation of security and data protection
· Integration of data storage solutions
Skills and qualification
· Expert in Python
· Solid experience with Django REST Framework
· Good understanding of, and experience deploying Django application to production on AWS or similar platforms
· Working knowledge of MySQL
· Good understanding of building RESTful APIs
· Bonus points for Celery, fabric, Ansible
· Understanding of accessibility and security compliance
· Knowledge of user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
· Familiarity with event-driven programming in Python
· Familiarity with Elasticsearch, Datadog, and Loggly.
· Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
· Strong unit test and debugging skills
· Proficient understanding of GitHub, JIRA, GSuite.
· Exposure to Agile development methodology with scrum sprints
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.”