Overall responsibility for the strategic sourcing of materials to support procurement requirements through source selection, supplier relationships, cost reduction negotiation, delivery and quality performance. This includes managing the issuing of RFQ’s, quote analysis, supplier selection, and conducting market studies of commodity items. Coordinate activities with material planning to minimize supply chain interruptions. Manage NPP projects to ensure good communication and minimal delays to the product introduction process. Take a leadership role in all facets of the supply chain, including transportation, quality, engineering among other functions.
Required Knowledge / Skills / Experience / Certifications / Licenses
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 7 to 10 years’ experience.
- Makes customer satisfaction a priority in all business decision making.
- Expresses self clearly, both in writing and in speaking.
- Strong logical, objective, analytical and problem solving skills.
- 7+ years of relevant experience in Commodity Management or Strategic Sourcing.
- Takes initiative to develop trusting relationships with teammates.
- Ability to read engineering drawings.
- Computer & software skills.
- Negotiating skills.
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills.
Desired Knowledge / Skills / Experience / Certifications / Licenses
- Bachelor's degree can be substituted with significant work experience.
- CPM, APICS certification.
- Relevant knowledge of quality systems, lean manufacturing processes and project management.
- Industrial equipment manufacturing experience.
- Familiar with: Machining & fabricating as well as production of forgings and castings.
- Familiar with: Hydraulics including cylinders, fittings, valves, cylinders etc.
- Familiar with: Hardware, electronics, motors, harnesses, plastics and rubber.
- Familiar with: Off the shelf purchasing such as seats, masts, counterweights, engines, etc.
- BPCS and/or I2 (Factory planner) experience.
Equipment and Tools Used / Working Conditions
- Office environment.
This company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status.
Mitsubishi Logisnext Americas Inc. (Logisnext) group does not accept unsolicited resumes from third party vendors. Any unsolicited resumes from a third party will become the property of the recipient Logisnext company to use at the Logisnext company’s discretion, with the understanding that the Logisnext company will not be billed a fee for any such resumes. If a company is designated as an approved vendor, then said company can only provide assistance on those positions expressly requested by a Logisnext company via a formal written agreement of support. If you would like to be considered as an approved vendor, please contact the Manager of Talent Acquisition.