Principal Test Engineer
The Principal Test Engineer is responsible for test engineering projects (component, system, and full truck tests). It is their responsibility to ensure that the requirements for testing are clearly understood by studying the applicable industry standards, Logisnext test procedures, and/or special test requester instructions. They will define the tools and instrumentation needed, execute the test, and/or help coordinate/schedule manpower and resources. Other responsibilities include help to oversee daily activities of Test associates; mentor and train test engineering associates; develop new testing methodologies; implement new technology; and accelerating testing.
Required Knowledge / Skills / Experience / Certifications / Licenses
- Technical Bachelor’s degree in engineering.
- Hydraulics, mechanical, power train knowledge and experience.
- 7-10 years’ experience in mechanical engineering and test environment.
- Experience measuring voltages, currents, speeds, pressures, strain, & temperature using data acquisition.
- Previous in depth testing experience with lift trucks, automotive, or heavy machinery product.
- Capable of working on multiple projects on a regular basis in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to mentor and train other test associates on advanced level testing and new procedures.
- Ability to learn about complex test methods and test software.
- Fabrication and machine shop knowledge/experience.
- Design/build of test fixtures (electrical & mechanical).
- Ability to do advanced test planning and scheduling.
- Test equipment management: maintenance and next generation equipment design/planning.
- Forklift standards knowledge
Desired Knowledge / Skills / Experience / Certifications / License
- Computer programming/networking/database knowledge.
- Advanced statistical analysis knowledge.
- HBM, Dewesoft data acquisition experience.
- Familiarity with PTC software such as Creo, and Windchill.
- Familiarity with automation software/equipment: PLCs, servos, counters, etc.
- Advanced electronics experience and CAN bus experience.
- Experience with acoustics, vibration, and structural fatigue testing and analysis.
This company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status.
Mitsubishi Logisnext Americas Inc. (Logisnext) group does not accept unsolicited resumes from third party vendors. Any unsolicited resumes from a third party will become the property of the recipient Logisnext company to use at the Logisnext company’s discretion, with the understanding that the Logisnext company will not be billed a fee for any such resumes. If a company is designated as an approved vendor, then said company can only provide assistance on those positions expressly requested by a Logisnext company via a formal written agreement of support. If you would like to be considered as an approved vendor, please contact the Manager of Talent Acquisition.