Sets up and operates a wide variety of machinery to aid manufacturing in making the product, while maintaining quality and safety standards.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Sets up and operates a variety of bar and chucking turret lathes, screw machines, engine lathes, automatic turning equipment, bending-forming equipment, shearing, milling, bending, punching, drilling, and sawing equipment on a wide range of shapes and sizes of materials.
- Works from blueprints, template, layout materials for best usage.
- Adjusts machine and stops.
- Uses hand power truck, or crane to move materials.
- Use variety of sheet and plate, ranging from light to heavy.
- Uses scales, calipers, micrometer for stock thickness and quality workmanship.
- Responsible for machine adjustment and maintenance.
- Assists and trains other operators as directed.
- Keep accurate inventory of tools, jigs, fixtures and programs run on the machines.
- Move material as required.
- Check quality and workmanship.
- Performs 5S within assigned area.
- Always acts in a professional and courteous manner, representing Mitsubishi Logisnext Americas (Marengo) Inc.’s highest standards of business conduct; exhibits a positive attitude, sharing information with co-workers as appropriate and works to promote a cooperative, productive teamwork environment.
- An expert on the job, makes the most of knowledge and experience and works to learn new duties; assists with training of others; and adapts to changed conditions quickly and easily.
- Consistently does an excellent job, output is unusually high and exceptionally fast, and rarely makes errors or creates reject work.
- Always observes safe work practices and rules, has no accidents and wears personal protective equipment.
- Participates in Mitsubishi Logisnext Americas (Marengo) Inc.’s Suggestion Program (STAR) by submitting product improvement or safety ideas.
- Adheres to all environmental, health, safety, and quality policies in order to assist Mitsubishi Logisnext Americas (Marengo) Inc.’s in reaching our goal of reducing our carbon footprint, preventing or reducing undesired effects and achieving continual improvement.
Desired Knowledge / Skills / Experience / Certifications / Licenses
- H.S. diploma or GED
- Minimum one-year machine operator experience with related equipment.
- As applicable to machine including but not limited to press brakes and saws.
This company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status.
Mitsubishi Logisnext Americas Inc. group (Logisnext) does not accept unsolicited resumes from third party vendors. Any unsolicited resumes from a third party will become the property of the recipient Logisnext company to use at the Logisnext company’s discretion, with the understanding that the Logisnext company will not be billed a fee for any such resumes. If a company is designated as an approved vendor, then said company can only provide assistance on those positions expressly requested by a Logisnext company via a formal written agreement of support. If you would like to be considered as an approved vendor, please contact the Manager of Talent Acquisition.