Position is responsible for the successful development and execution of New Product Development. This is a hands-on role responsible for the Engineering of Wire Harnesses, CAN Network, software coding, and selection of electrical components, for new product development. Objective is for the development of the vehicle Electrical System, Subsystems and Components meet project targets of Quality, Cost & Timing. This is a hands-on design and release Engineer position.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Design and release Wiring System and associated components systems in-line with project plans
- Identify and recommend options for improving quality, reducing cost, improving time to market and solving problems.
- Working in cross functional team, Engineer the electrical systems for company products.
- Plan, schedule and implement project tasks within targeted cost, quality and timing deadlines.
- Create and release relevant engineering drawings, including electrical/electronic system diagrams, network communication diagrams, schematics, wiring and components.
- Develop subject matter expertise in 1 or more technology areas to ensure company products are utilizing the best solutions for features and functions.
- Works with suppliers to communicate requirements and apply latest technology.
- Supervises building and testing of prototypes.
- Organizes and analyzes test and design analysis dates.
- Ensures cross functional engagement and requirements with Manufacturing-DFM, Service-DFS, and Marketing-Features to ensure requirements are met during development.
- Supports Current Product Engineering to address in-field, production, and service requests
- Supports requests for change to current product, for unique features & functions as requested by customers.
- Seeks to reduce costs through Value Analysis activity in coordination with accounting, manufacturing, supplier development and purchasing.
- Completion of timely review, analyses and appropriate dispositions of all assigned Suggestions.
- Always acts in a professional and courteous manner, representing Logisnext’ s highest standards of business conduct; exhibits a positive attitude, sharing information with co-workers as appropriate and works to promote a cooperative, productive teamwork environment.
- Adheres to all environmental, health, safety, and quality policies in order to assist Logisnext in reaching our goal of reducing our carbon footprint, preventing or reducing undesired effects and achieving continual improvement.
Desired Knowledge / Skills / Experience / Certifications / Licenses
• Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering.
• 3+ years design and development experience in the forklift, Material Handling, or related industry such as Automotive, Agricultural, Construction, and/or mobile industrial equipment.
• Position requires knowledge of Electrical Systems in a mobile equipment product.
• Software coding, Working knowledge of CAN or similar mobile vehicle network protocol, AC motor Control, component design and electrical drive systems.
• Project management experience a plus.
• Electrical knowledge of common vehicle components (harness, controller, motor, display, charger, battery, relay, diode, etc.)
• Ability to create and read electrical schematics, and wiring diagrams
• Able to create specifications for electrical components as required by market requirements
• Able to understand and execute designs which will mount/install and integrate with mechanical designs
• Experience defining software requirements with suppliers. Experience with source code creation and/or issue resolution and management.
• Working knowledge of DFMEA, Six Sigma principles and tools, 8D problem solving and manufacturing/assembly.
- Minimum Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access; CREO schematic.
- CAN network tools experience.
This company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status.
Mitsubishi Logisnext Americas Inc. group (Logisnext) does not accept unsolicited resumes from third party vendors. Any unsolicited resumes from a third party will become the property of the recipient Logisnext company to use at the Logisnext company’s discretion, with the understanding that the Logisnext company will not be billed a fee for any such resumes. If a company is designated as an approved vendor, then said company can only provide assistance on those positions expressly requested by a Logisnext company via a formal written agreement of support. If you would like to be considered as an approved vendor, please contact the Manager of Talent Acquisition.