Senior Cloud DBA & Architect
We are the world-positive lender. Our mission is to connect billions of dollars of capital to millions of homeowners that want to convert their outdated houses into modern, smart, energy-efficient homes. By unlocking access to numerous products that help people achieve a more sustainable lifestyle, we are revolutionizing the $350 billion+ home improvement industry. As such, we have become the financial ecosystem for mission-driven businesses who need fast and frictionless lending to empower their customers, and we help consumers save money with our modern lending technology.
As part of our world-positive initiative, we are also the official sponsor of GivePower – a foundation that uses solar energy and storage technologies to deliver the most essential community services to regions of the world that need it most.
If you have an unstoppable desire to make a meaningful impact on our planet and help mission-driven businesses and consumers achieve a more sustainable future, join us.
Learn more about our perks and culture!
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive benefits package
We are looking for a candidate that is passionate about technology, learning our business, and working in a collaborative team environment to help contribute to the success of our growing organization. Possessing a learning mindset to grow your existing technology and business expertise is a must. The Senior Cloud Database Administrator will have a great opportunity to contribute to and influence Loanpals data solution lifecycle management process and architectures that provides business value by making data available for our internal users, customers, partners and investors.
We expect this candidate to be able to design, install, configure, implement, and support all aspects of a new AWS based reporting infrastructure and environment. Providing technical guidance and oversight and acts as a point of escalation and technical support for all downstream data users as the system becomes operational.Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Works with Application Developers, Data Analysts and/or Data Architects to review logical and physical data reporting models. Ensures that reporting databases meet overall business information requirements and application's functional requirements.
- Leveraging a strong technical background with complimentary soft skills to partner with IT technical team members, business leaders, and subject matter experts to design, develop, test, and deploy data integration solutions
- Utilize a predefined toolset including but not limited to, AWS Redshift, Kinesis Firehose, Kinesis Stream (AWS-Quicksight for Display)
- Automate the consistence and accurate capture of data from several disparate systems with the assistance of our team of local developers. Encompass, Velocify, Orion, AMB, Kronos and Asterisk as well as our proprietary home grown application called Loanpal
- Make recommendations to management and implement approved improvements and processes that will maximize automation and efficiency and minimize manual work and improve data accuracy
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned
Requirements and Preferred Skills
5+ years of associated work experience
Candidate will possess excellent communication (verbal/written), organizational and interpersonal skills
Experience in database design methods and techniques, database security methods and procedures
Manage multiple tasks, be detail oriented, be responsive, and demonstrate independent thought and critical thinking
Ability to comprehend complex technical and logical concepts and adapt quickly to change
Detailed analytical abilities
Ability to stay current with rapidly changing technology and applies it to business needs
Requires problem solving abilities, Critical Thinking, Software Development skills a plus
Additional Information Regarding Job Duties and Job Descriptions:
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one's supervisor or other managers related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and other skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.