API Support Engineer
Loanpal is a growing group of dynamic and talented people with one collective goal – to deliver an exceptional lending experience for every customer. That goal remains ever more important to us today, as we continue to expand and evolve. We've created a lending process that leverages incredible technology that’s fast, friendly and simple to understand. By doing so, we ensure customer clarity, control and confidence every step of the way and the remarkable results of these efforts are evident in the lasting relationships we've built with our customers and business partners.
Now, we’re growing as a company to become the first World-Positive, Green Lender that provides friendly financing options for those who dream of living a more sustainable lifestyle and want to save money using modem technology. We launched our tech-enabled lending platform for residential solar and battery storage in 2018 and will quickly be launching additional lending platforms that support hundreds of clean energy products that will help our customers reduce their carbon footprint.
We also work closely with our nonprofit foundation – GivePower – who is committed to extending the environmental and social benefits of clean, renewable energy across the world. GivePower uses solar energy and storage technologies to deliver the most essential community services to the developing world. GivePower has helped power some of the economically poorest countries, including communities across more than a dozen countries in Africa, Asia, and Latin America
This position is part of our Customer Success Team which owns Application support from on-boarding new customers to supporting our existing customer base across the US. As a API/Developer support engineer, you need to demonstrate competent IT literacy and ability around applications and systems. Provide support for the internal and external users of our proprietary/custom Loan Origination application software. Answer technical questions, troubleshoot problems, and guide users to gain productive use of our software and systems. Application Support is responsible for managing the resolution of application and system issues that arise across a business. Loanpal is seeking candidates with both business skills and technical IT knowledge and demands an ability to manage multiple high-level tasks under pressure.
- Support Loanpal partners, assist all end users, identify and resolve issues in production around Partners API.
- At-least 3 years of technical support experience supporting direct customers or partners.
- Ability to explain complex ideas to those with limited IT and systems knowledge.
- In-depth knowledge of latest API architecture.
- Utilize AWS services (CloudWatch, DynamoDB, Elasticsearch, Cognito, S3, etc.) to retrace what happened to an application and remedy or report bugs as required of the situation.
- Perform Partner setup and account configurations in AWS back end services (DynamoDB, S3, Cognito).
- Provide API credentials and Sandbox access upon request in AWS back end services (IAM).
- Create API knowledge base from scratch.
- Assist partners during the implementation/testing our API’s.
- Support partners operationally in the usage of our API’s.
- Be subject matter expert of internal systems, applications, and software both from a UI perspective and API access perspective.
- Provide application technical support to partners/distributors utilizing the Loanpal API.
- Utilize FreshService ticketing system for all activities, manage tickets based on predefined priorities, ensure all tickets are resolved within SLA, and keep tickets up to date.
- Train Tier-2/Tier1 members on recurring issues.
- Build automations and contribute in developing Support Admin tool.
- Communicate maintenance plans and upgrade notifications for the organization’s systems.
- Manage issues beginning with identifying, reporting, reproducing, testing, and certifying so there is a closed loop on full resolution.
- In-depth API knowledge.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Listening ability and patience
- Extraordinary customer service and relationship management experience
- Critical thinking skills and technology exposure to AWS Services like CloudWatch, DynamoDB, ElasticSearch, Cognito, S3, IAM etc.
- Customer first mentality.
- Experience leading a technical support team.
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one's supervisor or other managers related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and other skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
If you are an extraordinary professional who thrives in a collaborative work culture and values a rewarding career, then we want to work with you! Apply today!