Senior Director, Business Intelligence & Insights
We are the world-positive lender. Our mission is to connect billions of dollars of capital to millions of homeowners that want to convert their outdated houses into modern, smart, energy-efficient homes. By unlocking access to numerous products that help people achieve a more sustainable lifestyle, we are revolutionizing the $350 billion+ home improvement industry. As such, we have become the financial ecosystem for mission-driven businesses who need fast and frictionless lending to empower their customers, and we help consumers save money with our modern lending technology.
As part of our world-positive initiative, we are also the official sponsor of GivePower – a foundation that uses solar energy and storage technologies to deliver the most essential community services to regions of the world that need it most.
If you have an unstoppable desire to make a meaningful impact on our planet and help mission-driven businesses and consumers achieve a more sustainable future, join us.
Learn more about our perks and culture!
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive benefits package
Loanpal is looking for a data enthusiast to lead our Data Architecture and Business Intelligence teams. Our business revolves around the diligent stewardship and skilled mining for insights of our outstanding data stores. The Data & BI teams are highly respected and strategic members of our team, working with our C-level team on a daily basis. At Loanpal, data is the FIRST thought, not an after-thought. We provide data that is accurate, congruent and reliable, and ensure the information is easily available to users for direct consumption or integration with other systems. We are growing fast, and need a technically savvy people-leader to grow and develop the team to turn data into critical, actionable information and insights that we use every day to make sound business decisions.Essential Job Duties
Loanpal seeks a Lead Data Evangelist & Technologist to be responsible for developing and governing our data and information strategy in order to drive business decisions and growth. You will lead the master data management strategy and execution, data governance, develop data procedures and policies, and work closely with various departments to collect, prepare, organize, protect and analyze data assets while ensuring that the company meets industry best practices. Your team will consist of data ninjas of all stripes, responsible for ensuring that well formed questions backed by world-class analytics are the foundation of Loanpal’s most critical business decisions and resource allocation. You will lead the charge to root out inaccurate assumptions and sloppy feature development that results in less than ideal data quality. Our ideal candidate is insatiably intellectually curious, and possesses an ideal balance of confidence backed by competence and humility & humor that makes you fun to work with.
Lead Data Evangelist Responsibilities
- Oversees the policies and practices that govern Loanpal’s collection, storage, management, and protection of data.
- Leads the vision and execution of data architecture to support Loanpal’s business intelligence reporting for both internal AND external stakeholders (including, but not limited to, Investors and Partners)
- Build and lead a cross-functional technical team including data scientists, analysts, engineers, and database administrators capable of driving Loanpal’s overall data ecosystem
- Develop and coach world-class analysts + data engineers who
- Understand our business sufficiently well to identify and address opportunities to leverage company data to drive business solutions
- Work with clients (internal or external) to determine business requirements, priorities, define key performance indicators (KPI)
- Educate and train clients to use data as an analytical tool, displaying the information in new forms and content for the purpose of analysis and option exploration
- Conduct analyses of functional business processes and functional business requirements and participate in the development of business cases in the support of process changes and/or IT projects. Create models and data sets that lead directly to improvement in business processes or policies
- Aggregate and manipulate data required for analyses from a wide range of internal/ external data sources, structures, and platforms while ensuring data quality
- Build scalable production systems for data collection, data transformation, feature extraction, model training, and scoring, using distributed software tools
- Standardize and implement solutions wherever possible to ensure that our BI capabilities grow in an efficient, scalable manner
- Implementing data privacy policies and complying with U.S. and international data protection regulations
- Effectively communicate the status, value, and importance of data collection to executive members and staff
- Understand the data quality and maturity of the organization, and develop, communicate, and execute plans to improve the same that are efficient, effective, and time-bound.
Lead Data Evangelist Requirements and Preferred Skills
- Knowledge of relevant applications, big data solutions, and tools
- Experience designing and implementing data strategies and systems for transactional systems and/or financial institutions
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or related field required; Master's Degree preferred.
- 5 to 10 years' experience in a senior-level data AND people management role.
- Strong leadership and communication, project management skills
- Outstanding analytical skills and the ability to consult with less technical/ analytical cross-functional leaders
- At least 2-3 years’ prior experience EACH in fast-growing startup and larger scale enterprise corporate environments.
Additional Information Regarding Job Duties and Job Descriptions:
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one's supervisor or other managers related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and other skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.