Senior Director of Engineering
We provide friendly financing options for those who dream of living a more sustainable lifestyle and want to save money using modern technology. Our collective mission is to make a positive impact on the planet, build lasting relationships with our valued partners and customers, and deliver a tech-enabled lending experience that is simple, fast, and frictionless.
We are creating a financial ecosystem that connects billions of dollars of capital to millions of homeowners that want to convert their outdated houses into modern, smart, energy-efficient homes. By unlocking access to numerous products that help people achieve better sustainability, we are revolutionizing the $350B+ home improvement industry and protecting our only planet.
As part of our world-positive initiative, we are also the official sponsor of GivePower – a foundation that uses solar-based solutions to power life’s basic needs for people in developing regions of the world.
If you have an unstoppable desire to make a meaningful impact on our planet, and help mission-driven businesses and consumers achieve a more sustainable future, join us.
We are seeking a passionate, solutions-oriented, technical leaders who can effectively lead one of our software development teams by making sound technical decisions, understanding business needs, leading people and is up for a challenge. The Sr. Director of Software Engineering will be responsible for all mission critical software development services and solutions that support Loanpals products and mobile app.
This senior management position requires an energetic and self-motivated individual with excellent communication, organization, and technical skills to work cross functionally with other organizations (internal and external), who can communicate at all levels of management. This is a unique opportunity for a senior professional who enjoys a high-level of visibility and responsibility.
- Lead software development for current and next generation consumer finance products.
- Demonstrate very strong technical leadership and people management skills including solid communication and analytical skills with thorough understanding of product development and successful problem definition, decomposition, estimation and resolution.
- Complete AWS certification within first 6 months of joining.
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of engineers on your team.
- Ensure all teams are delivering committed and best in class work items.
- Assist CTO with any Recruitment activities.
- Manage world class software and quality engineering team.
- Oversee product development from concept to production and operations.
- Drive timely delivery of software in alignment with Sprint time commitments.
- Provide technical direction, guidance, and hands-on management.
- Work with product and program managers – communicate cross functionally and drive engineering efforts company wide.
- Plan for operational efficiency to scale products, programs and best practices as Loanpal is expanding.
- Work with CTO/Squad Leaders and other tech leaders to set/define/enforce coding standards, design reviews, code reviews, and mentoring the software development team.
- Responsible for leadership, support and mentoring with the continued growth of a highly skilled SW engineering team that delivers architecture, designs, code and unit, sub-system and systems testing capabilities.
- Work with CTO and other tech leaders to establish best-in-class software engineering processes and practices.
- Continuously improve software engineering practices
- Works with Product Management to understand and develop comprehensive new feature requirements and converts them into product deliverables.
- Drives results through inspired leadership utilizing industry best practices.
- Understand that the key to management is helping other people succeed
- Conduct design and code review to ensure compliance with newly defined standards
- Impose culture of continuous improvement based on metrics for quality, efficiency, talent development and security.
- 5+ Years of professional software development experience
- Meaningful experience working on large, complex systems
- A positive mindset and can-do attitude
- Forensic attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You’re passionate about software development...it’s not just your career, it’s your hobby. You’re constantly striving to learn new things and improve.
- You follow industry news, regularly tinker with new technologies, and read books and blogs to keep your skills current
- You work well within a team environment and enjoy working in the office with your colleagues.
- Node.js within Amazon Web Services and AWS LAMBDA
- React JS
- Experience with Serverless Computing
- Git, Jenkins, Agile methodologies