Test Automation Engineer
Note - this position is also available at our San Francisco location
We provide friendly financing options for those who dream of living a more sustainable lifestyle and want to save money using modern technology. Our collective mission is to make a positive impact on the planet, build lasting relationships with our valued partners and customers, and deliver a tech-enabled lending experience that is simple, fast, and frictionless.
We are creating a financial ecosystem that connects billions of dollars of capital to millions of homeowners that want to convert their outdated houses into modern, smart, energy-efficient homes. By unlocking access to numerous products that help people achieve better sustainability, we are revolutionizing the $350B+ home improvement industry and protecting our only planet.
As part of our world-positive initiative, we are also the official sponsor of GivePower – a foundation that uses solar-based solutions to power life’s basic needs for people in developing regions of the world.
If you have an unstoppable desire to make a meaningful impact on our planet, and help mission-driven businesses and consumers achieve a more sustainable future, join us.
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive benefits package
Loanpal is looking for a Test Automation Engineer who will be responsible for the development, delivery and execution of code used to perform automated smoke and regression tests on our Encompass loan origination system.Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute, update, and maintain existing test automation framework, solutions and test scripts
- Plan, build, and design new automation to support new builds and release of the code
- Produce clear and meaningful automated reports to provide test results for each execution
- Collaborate with the squad to continuously refactor and improve automation framework for re-usability and speed
- Train and mentor the squad to update and execute automated regression suites
- Work closely with squad members to analyze test results, locate problems, identify root causes and develop solutions
- Document clear and detailed defect reports including steps to reproduce actual and expected results
- Be proactive in following up with developers on open defects
- Develop complex data driven automation, manage automation scripts and framework to support code drops in various environments to support development, test and builds.
- Familiar with using source control software, bug reporting software, and test automation
Desired Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
The following are the minimum job-related qualifications to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job:
- Computer Science Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years’ experience working as a Test Automation Engineer.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and manual testing.
- Ability to effectively communicate relevant project information with coworkers, peers, and management through written and verbal communication.
- Ability to effectively collaborate and communicate with internal departments and other outside parties in a professional manner.
- Prior experience working on a financial application, preferably a Mortgage Loan Origination System, is desirable.
Additional Information Regarding Job Duties and Job Descriptions: