Quality Control Specialist
We are the world-positive lender. Our mission is to connect billions of dollars of capital to millions of homeowners that want to convert their outdated houses into modern, smart, energy-efficient homes. By unlocking access to numerous products that help people achieve a more sustainable lifestyle, we are revolutionizing the $350 billion+ home improvement industry. As such, we have become the financial ecosystem for mission-driven businesses who need fast and frictionless lending to empower their customers, and we help consumers save money with our modern lending technology.
As part of our world-positive initiative, we are also the official sponsor of GivePower – a foundation that uses solar energy and storage technologies to deliver the most essential community services to regions of the world that need it most.
If you have an unstoppable desire to make a meaningful impact on our planet and help mission-driven businesses and consumers achieve a more sustainable future, join us.
The Quality Control Specialist is responsible for ensuring the loan meets all HUD/FNMA/FHLMC/VA eligibility guidelines and requirement, and Company policies and procedures. A Quality Control Specialist is responsible for reviewing the following items (but is not limited to): data integrity of the AUS, income calculations for accuracy, income and asset documentation including the VVOE for accuracy and completeness, social security numbers, appraisal report, and confirm adequate MI coverage; maintaining compliance with federal and state laws and regulations; private investor requirements; and Company policies and procedures by conducting quality control reviews of all loans selected for review and completed prior to the preparation of loan documents. The Quality Control Specialist is also responsible for ensuring the integrity of data in Encompass.
- Performing a pre-closing quality control review of all loan files selected for review, ensuring the loan file is in compliance with all agency loan guidelines, regulatory disclosure requirements, and internal Company policies and procedures.
- Perform high risk loan reviews to identify concerns such as occupancy or misrepresentation
- Attend relevant loan underwriting, credit analysis, or loan program industry trainings as assigned
- Maintain the Prefund QC loan level report will all findings
- Assist the Director of Audit and Quality Control with projects from time-to-time
- Demonstrating the ability to work independently, to be resourceful, and to resolve issues as they arise with minimal supervision
- Communicate loan detail findings and resolutions with the Underwriting Manager as quickly as possible
- 3 years compliance, loan processing and/or underwriting experience in the retail mortgage lending industry
- Strong working knowledge of federal, state, and regulatory rules, laws, regulations, underwriting guidelines and statutes relevant to the mortgage industry
- Strong work ethic
- Precise attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Working knowledge of loan processes and procedures
- Experience with Encompass helpful but not required
- Proficiency in pc-based applications including MS Outlook, Word, and Excel
Additional Information Regarding Job Duties and Job Descriptions:
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one's supervisor or other managers related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and other skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
If you are an extraordinary professional who thrives in a collaborative work culture and values a rewarding career, then we want to work with you! Apply today!