Business Intelligence Analyst
We are the world-positive lender. Our mission is to connect billions of dollars of capital to millions of homeowners that want to convert their outdated houses into modern, smart, energy-efficient homes. By unlocking access to numerous products that help people achieve a more sustainable lifestyle, we are revolutionizing the $350 billion+ home improvement industry. As such, we have become the financial ecosystem for mission-driven businesses who need fast and frictionless lending to empower their customers, and we help consumers save money with our modern lending technology.
As part of our world-positive initiative, we are also the official sponsor of GivePower – a foundation that uses solar energy and storage technologies to deliver the most essential community services to regions of the world that need it most.
If you have an unstoppable desire to make a meaningful impact on our planet and help mission-driven businesses and consumers achieve a more sustainable future, join us.
Learn more about our perks and culture!
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive benefits package
Loanpal is looking for a data enthusiast to join our small but mighty Business Intelligence team. Our BI Analysts are highly respected and strategic members of our team, and can expect high-level interaction with senior executives on a regular basis. We work closely with stakeholders and IT teams to turn data into critical, actionable information and insights that we use every day to make sound business decisions. We provide data that is accurate, congruent and reliable, and ensure the information is easily available to users for direct consumption or integration with other systems.Are you excited by the opportunity to advocate for accurate, responsible use of data to drive critical business strategy and execution? Looking for a culture where your work is respected and earns the highest levels of Executive Sponsorship? You’re in the right place, and we’d love to have you join us at Loanpal.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with clients (internal or external) to determine business requirements, priorities, define key performance indicators (KPI)
- Educate and train clients to use data as an analytical tool, displaying the information in new forms and content for the purpose of analysis and option exploration
- Conduct analyses of functional business processes and functional business requirements and participate in the development of business cases in the support of process changes and/or IT projects. Create models and data sets that lead directly to improvement in business processes or policies
- Build an understanding of the business at a level of detail that enables you to identify and address opportunities to leverage company data to drive business solutions
- Conduct analyses using SQL and publish to our proprietary PHP-based business intelligence platform
- Design and document dashboards, alerts, and reports either on a regular recurring basis or as needed
- Aggregate and manipulate data required for analyses from a wide range of internal/ external data sources, structures, and platforms while ensuring data quality
- Build scalable production systems for data collection, data transformation, feature extraction, model training, and scoring, using distributed software tools
- Standardize and implement solutions wherever possible to ensure that our BI capabilities grow in an efficient, scalable manner
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- 3+ years’ experience
- Proficient in SQL, PHP required
- Proficiency in Excel – Pivot Tables
- Outstanding verbal and written communication to both non-technical and executive audiences
- Database management
- Degrees or certifications – Math, Science, Finance degree with demonstrable quantitative project coursework or equivalent required
- Experience with AWS environments a plus
Additional Information Regarding Job Duties and Job Descriptions:
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one's supervisor or other managers related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and other skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.