Test Automation Engineer
Note - this position is also available at our San Francisco location
We are the world-positive lender. Our mission is to connect billions of dollars of capital to millions of homeowners that want to convert their outdated houses into modern, smart, energy-efficient homes. By unlocking access to numerous products that help people achieve a more sustainable lifestyle, we are revolutionizing the $350 billion+ home improvement industry. As such, we have become the financial ecosystem for mission-driven businesses who need fast and frictionless lending to empower their customers, and we help consumers save money with our modern lending technology.
As part of our world-positive initiative, we are also the official sponsor of GivePower – a foundation that uses solar energy and storage technologies to deliver the most essential community services to regions of the world that need it most.
If you have an unstoppable desire to make a meaningful impact on our planet and help mission-driven businesses and consumers achieve a more sustainable future, join us.
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive benefits package
Loanpal is looking for a Test Automation Engineer who will be responsible for the development, delivery and execution of code used to perform automated smoke and regression tests on our Encompass loan origination system.Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Executes, updates and maintains existing test automation frameworks, solutions and test scripts
- Plans, builds and designs new automation to support new builds and release of the code
- Produces clear and meaningful automated reports to provide test results for each execution
- Collaborates with the squad to continuously refactor and improve automation framework for re-usability and speed
- Train and mentor the squad to execute and update automated regression suites
- Works closely with squad members to analyze test results, locate problems, identify root causes and develop solutions
- Documents clear and detailed defect reports including steps to reproduce actual and expected results
- Is proactive in following up with developers on open defects
- Develop complex data driven automation, manage automation scripts and framework to support code drops in various environments to support development, test and builds.
- Familiar with using source control software, bug reporting software and VM validation
Desired Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:The following are the minimum job-related qualifications to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job:
- Computer Science Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years experience working as a Test Automation Engineer
- 3+ years uninterrupted experience developing automation code in Selenium with Cucumber, C#, , J-Unit,Java, TestNG for web based application.
- 1+ year of experience working as a developer coding with a focus on workflow or framework
- Prior experience working on a financial application preferably a Mortgage Loan Origination System • Demonstrated knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and manual testing
- Ability to effectively communicate relevant project information with coworkers, peers, and management through written and verbal communication;
- Ability to communicate and effectively collaborate with internal departments and other outside parties in a professional manner.
Additional Information Regarding Job Duties and Job Descriptions: