Capital Markets Analyst
At LoanPal, not only do we strive to be the top nationally recognized direct lender, we also work hard to be a sought after employer. To achieve this, we need exceptionally talented people with the same goal in mind – to make a positive impact in the lives of our customers. We believe that a happy customer is the result of happy employees. It’s that simple. Our company is filled with bright, dedicated individuals who help to create a culture of hard work, professional development, and celebrated achievements. LoanPal is an award winning employer, named a Best Place To Work for 9 consecutive years. Be part of a ground-breaking organization that puts people first.
Learn more about our perks and culture!
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive benefits package
The analyst will play a key role within the Capital Market team to help execute Loanpal's strategy for funding and managing our solar and home improvement loans. The ideal candidate will understand how a lending business works and have a base knowledge of various funding strategies. Additionally, an ideal candidate will have strong technical and interpersonal skills and the desire to work with both internal and external stakeholders.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor whole loan sale process including internal cash management, hedging, pricing, collateral delivery, and diligence questions
- Analyize data to forecast KPIs, identify underwriting adjustment opportunities, monitor performance, and drive effective decision making
- Build financial models to analyze and show potential internal and external returns on various financial products and structures
- Interact and build relationships with existing and potential investors through introductory meetings, due diligence sessions, and special requests
- Create presentations based on platform performance, borrower case studies, and industry data
- Highly skilled with MS Excel (including VBA) and other MS Office products including PowerPoint, and Word
- Minimum 6 months of relevant work experience (e.g. investment banking, private equity, M&A, consumer finance, structured finance, asset-backed finance)
- Understanding of basic accounting statements: balance sheet, cash flow, income statement
- Superb attention to detail
- Understanding of ABS, whole loan sales, various debt and equity financing structures, including short and long term debt
- Understanding of interest rate hedging strategies and structures
- A bachelor’s (or advanced) degree
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Comfort working in a fast-paced, unstructured environment
- Must be passionate about finance and/or the renewable energy/home improvement space
Additional Information Regarding Job Duties and Job Descriptions:
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one's supervisor or other managers related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and other skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.