WHO WE ARE
NextIQ is a renewable energy education company that creates and distributes premium content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to national audiences through its proprietary web platform.
The Instructional Designer will develop creative and informative writing for video to be viewed on our newly developed training platform.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conceptualize and develop curriculum, courses, and episodes that will be absorbed by a diverse audience
- Evaluate new eLearning materials
- Create educational videos, podcasts, social and website content
- Design new learning modules
- Implement feedback from program reviews
- Train others on how to deliver learning material
- Research new innovations in both learning design and energy education
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to simplify technical or complex information and tasks into friendly, simple language.
- Good knowledge of renewable energy is a plus.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Flexibility and resourcefulness to manage changing business requirements, projects, and resources, adapting accordingly and positively.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience creating end-user instructional materials, or equivalent experience.
- Experience balancing multiple projects simultaneously and meeting aggressive timelines.
- Experience working with video producers, project managers, and subject matter experts.
- Degree in Technical Writing, Instructional Design, Instructional Technologies, Information Design, or equivalent
Additional Information Regarding Job Duties and Job Descriptions: