Sr. Business Intelligence Analyst
We provide friendly financing options for those who dream of living a more sustainable lifestyle and want to save money using modern technology. Our collective mission is to make a positive impact on the planet, build lasting relationships with our valued partners and customers, and deliver a tech-enabled lending experience that is simple, fast, and frictionless.
We are creating a financial ecosystem that connects billions of dollars of capital to millions of homeowners that want to convert their outdated houses into modern, smart, energy-efficient homes. By unlocking access to numerous products that help people achieve better sustainability, we are revolutionizing the $350B+ home improvement industry and protecting our only planet.
As part of our world-positive initiative, we are also the official sponsor of GivePower – a foundation that uses solar-based solutions to power life’s basic needs for people in developing regions of the world.
If you have an unstoppable desire to make a meaningful impact on our planet, and help mission-driven businesses and consumers achieve a more sustainable future, join us.
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive benefits package
Loanpal’s Business Intelligence and Data teams are responsible for delivering innovative, best-in-class solutions across various platforms to power world-positive lending. We are obsessed with enabling fast paced business decision-making, delivering business-changing insights and supporting a driven and data hungry organization with the highest quality data, decision support, analysis and models. We want everyone in the organization to have access to data and decision support tools that allow them to outperform the competition, now and into the future.
We are looking for an experienced analytics professional to be a senior contributor in a team of BI analysts, performing detailed analyses, developing reports in our proprietary business intelligence platform, and writing query logic to set up analytics-friendly data warehouse tables. As a member of our team, you will have the ongoing support of the Lead BI Analyst and Sr. Director of BI, daily scrum rituals, and opportunity to learn from and mentor teammates.
This role will work closely with three key groups. First, you will partner with business and product professionals who require the development of internal analytical products/visualizations to help answer operational and strategic questions, monitor and facilitate ongoing business processes, and improve Loanpal’s core technology platform to refine and translate their needs into analytical solutions. Second, you will work with data engineers to provide the specifications and logic required to produce refined data sets, and new pipelines to support the BI team’s analytical work. Third, you will guide the work of data visualization engineers, providing the analytical framework, approach and narrative at the core of each of our visualizations, dashboards and reports, ensuring the data and its representations answer the right questions with the right data.You must be a consummate analytics professional who thinks quickly, communicates clearly, obsesses over detail and who is passionate about making the world a better place through world positive, friendly financing and investing.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Execution – Under direction of Lead Analyst, work with product manager or directly with stakeholders to clarify business questions, identify data sources, solve difficult data accessibility manipulation and structuring issues. Follow the solutions to problems wherever they lead with curiosity, rigor and tenacity. Translate feature requests and analytical inquiries into specific solutions queries and visual mock-ups serving as inputs to data engineers and visualization engineers, while always keeping usability, interpretability, scalability, data quality and business purpose in mind.
Mentorship and Teamwork – Regularly review ticket requirements, reports, dashboards, pipelines and queries from other members of the team to provide guidance on best practices, clarity of thinking/purpose and to ensure quality. Adhere to and hold others to high standards for attention to detail, code readability, work stream visibility, and process. Contribute to positive team dynamics, leading to continuous team performance improvement.
Communication and Collaboration – Collaborate with function and executive leadership to rapidly deliver and iterate on visualizations delivering actionable business insights. Regularly provide updates to senior leaders, stakeholders, and executives. Effectively tailor communications to the appropriate audience to ensure broad alignment, awareness, and understanding of the internal BI platform, analytics products, and results of analysis. Foster an environment of trust, effectively communicating within the squads and with other internal stakeholders.Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Expertise in SQL (Postgres and Spark SQL preferred)
- Expertise in at least one visualization tool, such as Tableau or Periscope (Sisense)
- Experience with github version control
- Experience with issue tracking with JIRA
- Experience with data validation methods, e.g. internal checksums and exception reporting
- Exposure to AWS environments
- Exposure to Salesforce
- Exposure to Unix/Linux environments
Other Skills and Qualities Required:
- Comfortable working with varied, rapidly evolving data sources
- Methodical thinker capable of handling complex analytical concepts
- Able to identify and quickly propose solutions to analytical flaws
- Curiosity, tenacity and desire to understand business processes and outcomes, and interest in developing a deep understanding of organizational context
- Seeks to understand the larger context, and keeps the bigger technical picture and business purpose in mind when planning a project or designing solutions
- Obsessed with quality and report accuracy; has a habit of carefully validating own work and the work of others against output expectations
- Flexible, able to propose solutions with appropriate balance of dev effort vs technical optimization depending on the deadlines and constraints for a given project
- Identifies and proactively tackles future issues before they grow into something even bigger, getting buy-in on solutions where appropriate
- Able to reduce complexity of projects/processes to get more done with less work
- Regularly delivers work as and when required; if not possible expectations are always managed and the reasons why clearly articulated
- Outstanding verbal and written communication to both non-technical and executive audiences
- Knowledge of financial systems, processes, data a plus