Clinical Nursing Manager, Labor and Delivery, FT Days *5,000 Sign On Bonus*
Something special starts here.
You can’t define it, but you know it when you see it: the difference between an average life and the good life. When your cup is full – with joy, purpose and lifelong health – it shows. At LMH Health, we are all about healthy people, healthy communities and healthy futures, and that makes us your destination for an exceptional career. From flexible, work-life harmony to competitive pay and great advancement potential, find everything you’re looking for at LMH Health.
You'll find everything you’re looking for at LMH Health:
· Join a team that cares about the community
· Tuition reimbursement to support continuing education
· Professional development and recognition
· Excellent benefits
We’re looking for you.
The Clinical Nursing Manager manages and collaborates activities, workflow and nursing resources of the assigned department(s).
- Provides a high level of professional and clinical leadership, demonstrating clinical competence and expertise.
- Provides support and supervision to front-line staff in order to assist them in their role.
- Maintains clinical skills and performs patient care at the bedside as needed.
- Embodies the vision, mission, and values of the unit with staff.
- Models service excellence skills and actively holds others accountable to a patient focused environment.
- Motivates staff to strive for professional excellence.
- Oversees day to day unit-based operations.
- Identifies and resolves issues affecting the delivery of patient care services.
- Responsible for staff schedules and daily staffing concerns.
- Conducts daily rounding on patients, evaluating patient experience and identifying opportunities for staff recognition and improvement.
- Participates in identifying, developing and delivery of education, training, and personal/professional development for clinical staff.
- Provides feedback, guidance and leadership – from orientation to ongoing informal and formal teaching sessions – to clinical staff.
- Ensures staff competencies are evaluated and appropriate training is provided.
- Represents and supports clinical staff.
- Mentors and coaches nursing staff.
- Monitors patient care to ensure compliance with regulatory and accreditation requirements.
- Reviews patient records to analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of the care provided by the unit. (chart audits)
- Participates in various committees which establish standards of nursing care and policy, applying evidence-based standards and health care research.
- Participates in UBC and staff groups to foster shared governance, patient focus and service excellence.
- Assists the Director in performing patient rounds, evaluating patient experience and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Assists the Director with reviewing and documenting event reports, and performing staff follow-up.
- Collaborates with the Director in the review/selection, coaching and counseling processes.
- Collaborates with the Director on leading staff performance standards and administration of annual performance reviews.
- Collaborates with the Director to monitor and adhere to budget; approves or monitors expenditures, purchases and other actions within specified parameters.
- Participates in development and completion of strategic business operating plans, goals and objectives as well as department strategies, goals and objectives.
- Participates in the evaluation of outcomes of clinical, financial and human resource measures that provide direction for care or service and facilitates process improvement.
- Performs nursing care according to the population served on the unit as referenced in the Administrative, Scope of Services Policy.
- Performs other duties as needed or assigned.
- Current Kansas Registered nursing License
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
- Five (5) total years’ experience to include three (3) years nursing experience and two (2) years leadership experience
- Current Basic Life Support affirmation
- Master’s degree in nursing
- Specialty certification/credential
Our Cultural Beliefs
- Patient First. We consider the patient first in everything we do.
- Better Together. We actively strive to be a diverse LMH Health team that works together to achieve excellence.
- Listen/Speak Up. We embrace a diverse culture of open, respectful, well-intended communication where we listen, share, and value ideas to create equitable solutions.
- Innovate! We actively explore new ideas and approach change with agility and an open mind.
- Own It/Solve It. We hold ourselves accountable for our actions and we collaborate for solutions.
- In Joy. We create a workplace that is both fun and meaningful.
At LMH Health, we value inclusion and diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage all to apply. Employment is decided on the basis of experience and qualifications that meet the business need.