MRI Technologist, FT, Days
Sign On Bonus: $5,000
Schedule: 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Mon, Tue, Thurs, Fri
Something special starts here.
You can’t define it, but you know it when you see it: the difference between an average life and the good life. When your cup is full – with joy, purpose and lifelong health – it shows. At LMH Health, we are all about healthy people, healthy communities and healthy futures, and that makes us your destination for an exceptional career. From flexible, work-life harmony to competitive pay and great advancement potential, find everything you’re looking for at LMH Health.
You'll find everything you’re looking for at LMH Health:
· Join a team that cares about the community
· Tuition reimbursement to support continuing education
· Professional development and recognition
· Excellent benefits
We’re looking for you.
The responsibility of the MRI technologist include empathetic and instructional approach to patient care, the preparation, operation of imaging, collection data using computers, necessary imaging devices and care of instrumentation, patient physical safety and MRI safety. The MRI technologist performs a variety of exams without and with contract enhancement at the direction of the Radiologist and MRI protocols. The technologist must adhere to State Licensure scope of practice and medical staff approved protocols.
- Supports the mission of Lawrence Memorial Hospital
- Explains procedures to patient/family accurately and to customer satisfaction.
- Maintains all equipment appropriately
- Utilizes appropriate equipment and supplies to perform exams or aide in performance of diagnostic procedures that comply with the states scope of practice.
- Communicates professionally and effectively with all customers.
- Assists the Radiologist as needed for completion of procedures.
- Adheres to standard of care outline for customers in policy and procedures as the Medical Director of Imaging Services.
- Maintains certifications, licensure and job related/accreditation competencies and requirements.
- Performs patient examinations proficiently, efficiently and safely.
- Maintains confidentiality of all customers.
- Completes ordered exams and assembles data in folder to be read by the Radiologist/Physician. Generates exam charges in Radiology computer system.
- Utilizes resources to provide the best standard of care for patients in Imaging Services.
- Acts as patient’s advocate prior, during and following exams.
- Maintains accurate patient records and documents pertinent data and patient information completely.
- Reviews patient history and obtains appropriate order.
- Evaluate images and adjust imaging parameters appropriately.
- Competent with the use of sterile techniques.
- The ability to work independently and produce high quality images with minimal supervision.
- Review and assist with completion of the MRI safety questionnaire.
- Administer various gadolinium based contrast agents.
- Competent in IV starts.
- Performs care according to the population served on the unit as referenced in the Administrative, Scope of Services Policy.
- Performs other duties as needed or assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Current BLS certification
- ARRT or ARMRIT certification and MR registry within 12 months of employment
Our Cultural Beliefs
- Patient First. We consider the patient first in everything we do.
- Better Together. We actively strive to be a diverse LMH Health team that works together to achieve excellence.
- Listen/Speak Up. We embrace a diverse culture of open, respectful, well-intended communication where we listen, share, and value ideas to create equitable solutions.
- Innovate! We actively explore new ideas and approach change with agility and an open mind.
- Own It/Solve It. We hold ourselves accountable for our actions and we collaborate for solutions.
- In Joy. We create a workplace that is both fun and meaningful.
At LMH Health, we value inclusion and diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage all to apply. Employment is decided on the basis of experience and qualifications that meet the business need.