Sr. DevOps Automation Engineer
We are looking for a DevOps Automation Engineer who will be able to drive improvement in the way we service our platform through automation and
Candidates must work well within a team environment and have strong documentation skills. A strong work ethic and ability to provide on-call 24x7x365 support is expected, though this is not a first-line support position.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Work with open-source technologies as needed and
willingnessto learn, evaluate and implement new technologies as needed.
- Analyze all functions with an eye towards improvement, with the main focus on the velocity of the build, deployment process and capacity planning.
- Analyze and implement improvements to the change/release management process.
- Stay current with industry trends and source new ways for our business to improve.
- Automate our operational processes as needed with accuracy and in compliance with our security requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s in Computer Science, Engineering, Software Engineering or a relevant field.
- Experience with Linux-based infrastructures.
- Strong experience in working with Ansible, Puppet/ Chef for automation and configuration.
- Experience with CI and CD tools, and source control such as GIT and SVN
- Strong communication skills and ability to explain
protocoland processes with team and management.
- Strong troubleshooting skills with the ability to spot issues before they become problems.
- Stay current with industry trends and industry best practices, and the ability to identify the best ones to implement.
- Time and project management skills, with the capability to prioritize and multitask as needed.
- Solid team player.
- More than two years of experience in a DevOps Engineer role (or similar role); experience in infrastructure development is a plus.
- Linux/Unix administration AWS administration is a plus.
- Experience with databases such as Oracle, Cassandra, MySql is preferred.
- Experience with project management and workflow tools such as Agile, Jira, etc.
- Experience with performance monitoring tools such as
LogicMonitor, Oracle Enterprise Manager, etc. isa plus.
- Knowledge in open-source technologies, virtualization technologies, and cloud services is a plus.