Technical Documentation Specialist
LiveVox is a leading provider of cloud contact center and customer care solutions, managing more than 12 billion interactions annually. With 17+ years of pure cloud expertise, we empower effective channel of choice engagement strategies and enable our clients to excel in changing business environments. In the last several years, we expanded our best in class ‘4-clouds’ telephony platform into a comprehensive, omni-channel solution suite, including Workforce Optimization (WFO) and CRM. LiveVox is now the best-positioned solution for the $25 Billion midmarket and enterprise market, where customers are demanding a fully integrated, cloud-based, omni-channel customer care platform. We have over 450 employees globally and are rapidly growing in every department. Headquartered in San Francisco, our teams are located across the US, India, and Colombia. Come join our growing team! To learn more, visit LiveVox.com/Careers.
The LiveVox Technical Documentation team develops high-quality, user-centric content for LiveVox external and internal customers. As a Technical Documentation Specialist (TDS) on our Technical Documentation team, you will follow our style guides to create clear and concise information to help LiveVox customers configure and use the LiveVox platform and other associated LiveVox products. You will collaborate with fellow writers and internal business partners such as product managers, software development engineers, QAs, and client services teams to develop strategy and content. You will participate in creating high quality user manuals, training guides, release notes, online help, context-sensitive help, web pages, and videos, while working independently on multiple projects.
The ideal candidate has worked in similar role for a cloud software solution provider and is accustomed to delivering a high-quality content to a variety of audiences and contributing in a global team environment. This position requires excellent writing skills and command of English language, ability to execute with a strong bias for action and the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Working directly for the Senior Manager, Technical Documentation, the Technical Documentation Specialist will:
- Research and scope documentation through interaction with different business groups and SMEs.
- Write, proof read, and edit user and technical documents.
- Learn LiveVox platform and its features to successfully document them for the variety of audiences.
- Support agile delivery of high-quality documentation in synch with quarterly product releases by prioritizing work and meeting set deadlines.
- Exhibit excellent communication skills and clear understanding of audiences we are writing for.
- Apply knowledge of technical writing and information mapping principles to ensure quality of the content.
- Use existing tools to update, track and review documentation queues and assignments.
- Exercise judgement within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
With new programs, products, and strategies being developed and launched all the time, the opportunities for imaginative and innovative thinking and content strategy are endless.
This position will be located in Bangalore, India.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, communications, linguistics, or related field
- 3-5 years’ experience as a technical writer or information developer
- Fluency in written US English
- Flexible to work across different time zones
- Experience managing content projects and coordinating with other teams
- Experience working as part of a global team
- Experience in editorial/peer review
- Working knowledge of markup languages such as HTML or XML
- Experience working in an Agile content development environment
- Working knowledge of Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA)
- Experience working with Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Working knowledge of Technical Writing and Information Mapping Principles
- Working knowledge of DITA
- API documentation experience
- Knowledge of Atlassian products (Jira, Confluence)
LiveVox is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, ability, gender identity or Veteran status. We consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
We believe strongly in the value of diverse perspectives and work hard to foster a culture that’s open and inclusive. If you have a special need or require accommodations, please let us know. We're always looking for smart, talented people with diverse backgrounds, interests, and experiences to join our team.