LiveVox is a leading provider of cloud contact center and customer care solutions, managing more than 12 billion interactions annually. With 17+ years of pure cloud expertise, we empower effective channel of choice engagement strategies and enable our clients to excel in changing business environments. In the last several years, we expanded our best in class ‘4-clouds’ telephony platform into a comprehensive, omni-channel solution suite, including Workforce Optimization (WFO) and CRM. LiveVox is now the best-positioned solution for the $25 Billion midmarket and enterprise market, where customers are demanding a fully integrated, cloud-based, omni-channel customer care platform. We have over 450 employees globally and are rapidly growing in every department. Headquartered in San Francisco, our teams are located across the US, India, and Colombia. Come join our growing team! To learn more, visit LiveVox.com/Careers.
Your responsibility as a database administrator (DBA) will be the performance, integrity and security of a database. You'll be involved in the planning and development of the database, as well as in troubleshooting any issues on behalf of the users. You'll ensure that:
- Data remains consistent across the database
- Need to support, upgrade, patches and day to day database administrator job.
- users access data concurrently, in a form that suits their needs
- there is provision for data security and recovery control (ensuring all data is retrievable in an emergency).
- Work may require working over holidays or weekends.
Candidates must work well within a team environment and have strong communication skills. A strong work ethic and ability to provide support as expected.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designs and documents database architecture
- Builds and provides support for entire database schemas
- Creates, tests, and executes data management languages
- Develops database utilities and automated reporting
- Analyses and sustains capacity and performance requirements
- Monitors systems and platforms for availability
- Oversees backup, clustering, mirroring, replication and failover, and ensure all jobs complete successfully
- Performs maintenance operations daily, weekly and monthly on Oracle, mySQL and Cassandra databases.
- Performs any necessary restorations, database recovery, and troubleshooting for any critical problems
- Evaluates and recommends new database technologies
- Implements and maintains database security, permissions and encryption
- Supports other teams with complex sql for historical reporting and billing requests
- Prepares and distributes reports, including but not limited to weekly and monthly status reports
- Executes, supports and improves process on schema changes and rollouts
- Contributes to deployment automation and db process automation.
- Coordinates with Oracle support on service tickets and resolution
- Coordinates with various teams on SQL/Schema related issues and analysis
- Provides backup for other DBAs to provide round the clock support
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- 6 to 10 years of relevant experience
- Experience in Oracle Enterprise version 12c, mySQL
- Experience in logical and physical data modeling
- Experience in crafting indexes, SQL queries, and resultant explanation of access paths for optimizing the SQL
- Experience in Linux / Unix operating systems
- Good scripting/coding experience with any of the following: Unix Shell, Python and Ruby
- Intermediate knowledge in hardware and networking
- Experience managing databases. Proficiency in database administration, management, data imports and exports, and developing reports
- Ability to adapt to varied roles and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with a demonstrated ability to make difficult concepts easy to understand
- Expertise in upgrading and migrating databases to Cloud
- Experience troubleshooting oracle instance/SQL performance issues
- Experience with 24/7 support, backup and recovery practices
- Experience with Cassandra DB, PostgresSQL is a plus.
LiveVox is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, ability, gender identity or Veteran status. We consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
We believe strongly in the value of diverse perspectives and work hard to foster a culture that’s open and inclusive. If you have a special need or require accommodations, please let us know. We're always looking for smart, talented people with diverse backgrounds, interests, and experiences to join our team.