DevOps Engineer 2
LiveVox is a leading provider of enterprise cloud contact center solutions, managing 6+ billion interactions annually. With 15+ years of pure cloud expertise, we empower effective channel of choice engagement strategies. Our risk mitigation and security capabilities help our clients adapt to changing business environments. Supported by over 450 rapidly growing, we are headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Atlanta, Bangalore, and Colombia. To learn more, visit LiveVox.com
As a DevOps Engineer, you will be working alongside the DevOps team. Functions include the handling of all deployments, capacity planning, and any and all other functions that bridge the gap between Operations and Engineering. Identifying ways of improving processes, reduction of the deployment life cycle and process automation ideas play a large part in this role. There is also an internal element to the role involving the application development teams and driving improvement in the way we service our platform through automation, and to enable the successful interaction with developers around their applications and environments, you will have or rapidly be able to develop a full understanding of our full product portfolio and be able to enable best practices which will be shared across the team.
Candidates must work well within a team environment and have strong documentation skills. A strong work ethic and ability to provide support as expected.
- 3+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience in build/release management process and DevOps methodologies.
- Working experience on Linux/Unix servers with good knowledge on Unix commands.
- Knowledge of SQL/PLSQL is a plus.
- Working experience on Source control tools like SVN and GIT.
- A working understanding of code and scripts (Java, Shell, Perl, puppet ..).
- Working experience On Python, Ansible and Ansible Tower.
- Good debugging and troubleshooting skills
Roles and Responsibilities
- Build and deploy application across various production environments
- Troubleshoot deployment issues
- Develop Python scripts for automating manual deployment tasks.
- Hands-on experience On Ansible and Ansible Tower as configuration management tool to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploy critical applications and proactively manages configuration changes.
- Experience with configuration management tools like Puppet and Jenkins
- Add/Edit configuration settings for various applications in SVN and/or Git
- Communicate well with QA and Dev teams to accomplish successful deployment across various environments.
- Own responsibility of the assigned project to completion
- Collaborate well with the team, learn quickly and deliver exceptional results
LiveVox is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, ability, gender identity or Veteran status. We consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
We believe strongly in the value of diverse perspectives and work hard to foster a culture that’s open and inclusive. If you have a special need or require accommodations, please let us know. We're always looking for smart, talented people with diverse backgrounds, interests, and experiences to join our team.