LiveVox is a leading provider of cloud contact center and customer care solutions, managing more than 12 billion interactions annually. With 17+ years of pure cloud expertise, we empower effective channel of choice engagement strategies and enable our clients to excel in changing business environments. In the last several years, we expanded our best in class ‘4-clouds’ telephony platform into a comprehensive, omni-channel solution suite, including Workforce Optimization (WFO) and CRM. LiveVox is now the best-positioned solution for the $25 Billion midmarket and enterprise market, where customers are demanding a fully integrated, cloud-based, omni-channel customer care platform. We have over 450 employees globally and are rapidly growing in every department. Headquartered in San Francisco, our teams are located across the US, India, and Colombia. Come join our growing team! To learn more, visit LiveVox.com/Careers.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will be working alongside the DevOps team. Functions include the handling of all deployments, capacity planning, and any and all other functions that bridge the gap between Operations and Engineering. Identifying ways of improving processes, reduction of the deployment life cycle and process automation ideas play a large part in this role. There is also an internal element to the role involving the application development teams and driving improvement in the way we service our platform through automation, and to enable the successful interaction with developers around their applications and environments, you will have or rapidly be able to develop a full understanding of our full product portfolio and be able to enable best practices which will be shared across the team.
Candidates must work well within a team environment and have strong documentation skills. A strong work ethic and ability to provide support as expected.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Build and deploy application across various production environments
- Troubleshoot deployment issues
- Develop Python scripts for automating manual deployment tasks.
- Hands-on experience On Puppet, Ansible and Ansible Tower as configuration management tool to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploy critical applications and proactively manages configuration changes.
- Experience in build automation tools like Gradle.
- Experience with CI pipeline configuration using Jenkins
- Working experience with docker containers and troubleshooting related deployment issues
- Add/Edit configuration settings for various applications in SVN and/or Git
- Communicate well with QA and Dev teams to accomplish successful deployments across various environments.
- Own responsibility of the assigned project to completion
- Collaborate well with the team, learn quickly and deliver exceptional results
- 5 to 7 years of relevant experience
- Experience in build/release management process: CI/CD and DevOps methodologies.
- Working experience on Linux/Unix servers with good knowledge on Unix commands.
- Knowledge of SQL/PLSQL is a plus
- Working experience on Source control tools like SVN and GIT.
- A working understanding of code and scripts (Java, Shell, Perl, puppet ..)
- Working experience On Python, Ansible and Ansible Tower
- Working knowledge on build configuration tools like maven, gradle or ANT.
- Working experience on CI Pipeline with Jenkins.
- Good debugging and troubleshooting skills
LiveVox is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, ability, gender identity or Veteran status. We consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
We believe strongly in the value of diverse perspectives and work hard to foster a culture that’s open and inclusive. If you have a special need or require accommodations, please let us know. We're always looking for smart, talented people with diverse backgrounds, interests, and experiences to join our team.