Director, Product Learning and Education
LiveVox is a pre-IPO, high growth, leading provider of enterprise cloud contact and customer engagement center solutions, managing 12+ billion interactions annually. With over 15 years of pure cloud expertise, we empower effective channel of choice engagement strategies, enabling our clients to excel in a changing business environment. Over the last several years, we expanded our best in class ‘4-clouds’ telephony platform into a comprehensive, omni-channel solution, including Workforce Optimization (WFO) and CRM. LiveVox is now the best positioned solution for a $25 Billion market, where customers demand a fully integrated, cloud-based, omni-channel customer care platform.
The Director of Product Learning and Education is a new and strategically important role for LiveVox focused on growing the organization by expanding our ability to sell and extend LiveVox product reach. This role presents a unique opportunity for a proven leader in learning and development strategy and execution to join a mid-size, rapidly growing company and take our learning operations to the next level.
The ideal candidate has successfully led and built a Learning and Development organization for a SaaS software company, is an innovative problem solver who is passionate about internal and external customer success and is knowledgeable with go-to-market strategies.
The incumbent will lead our customer and employee product education programs through various delivery methods to include in person and digital content. The successful candidate has a successful track record in learning and adoption strategy, operations and go-to-market for all digital training courses, subscriptions, video-based offerings and custom courses. Ultimately, the person in this role will maximize our product proliferation and revenues by better enabling employees and customers to successfully deploy, manage and extend LiveVox’s products.
LiveVox, a best-in-class SaaS company, is profitably growing and increasing velocity. We currently have 450 employees based in the US, India and Colombia. The Leader of Product Learning and Education will inspire, develop and manage a team of trainers and design and implement a bullet proof learning systems infrastructure to increase current levels of excellence. Reporting to the Director, Strategic Solutions, this position will have people management responsibilities.
Responsibilities & Impact
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Establish the LiveVox product learning and change management methodology and develop a suite of services supporting the successful rollout and adoption of LiveVox products.
- Establish LiveVox’s product training protocols for employee and client onboarding and continuous training and employee and new hire product and services process training.
- Leverage existing and create new training and educational content using various multimedia solutions (e.g videos, guides, interactive digital guided navigation) and live training to drive effective LiveVox sales and customer adoption.
- Accountable for all scope, budget and resource planning to meet desired objectives. Maintain close contact with client representatives to ensure that client deliverables and milestones are met. Be comfortable and credible giving adult learning and change management guidance at all levels of a client organization.
- Starting with a small team of existing trainers, build and develop a Training team as a center of excellence for LiveVox.
- Manage training resources, balancing workload and assignments ensuring targeted utilization and overall customer satisfaction.
- Committed to the training team’s professional development and growth, proactively help to develop, coach and champion each team member’s success as part of a comprehensive development plan.
- Use the company’s Data Driven Innovation framework to drive continuous improvement and evolve and develop new strategic service offerings.
- Capably articulate the team’s strategy and operating plan using Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) ensuring that all team members understand their roles and accept and are accountable for their responsibilities.
- Facilitate cross-functional collaboration as it relates to internal and external training on new products/features, feature enhancements, process changes, etc. (will work with Product Management, Documentation, Solution Design, Project Management, Customer Care, etc.).
- Keep existing training material (documents, guides, videos, etc.) updated with each LiveVox platform version release (quarterly release cycle).
- Lead and motivate people and encourage teamwork, communicate effectively with senior/executive management, and define a clear vision of what determines a successful solution for the customer and for the company.
- As the Training team and processes grow, this role will be responsible for finding, vetting, procuring, and deploying a formal Learning Management System as approved by internal executive stakeholders. Also, will be responsible for defining, creating, and coordinating initiatives around future customer User Groups/User Community.
Required Education and Experience
- 10+ years’ experience employee and customer training, enablement, and certification experience including in Software Service Delivery
- Established leading successful strategy, marketing operations, and go-to-market plans for previous employee and customer training programs including selecting, deploying, and managing a Learning Management System
- High degree of technical aptitude to learn LiveVox’sproduct portfolio, value proposition, and how customers utilize our solutions
- 2-4 years Leadership experience in managing, coaching, and developing a team of Trainers with P&L responsibilities;
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent years of experience required, MBA preferred BA/BS degree with outstanding academic performance or equivalent
- Demonstrated success planning and implementing client-facing User Group meetings and training/demo events
- Experienced with administering and continually leveraging Knowledge Management/Knowledge Databases for internal and user communities
- Proficiency in all MS Office products
- Knowledge of Pendo, Salesforce, Jira, Confluence, and Clarizen preferred
- Cloud Based Software Training/Onboarding experience preferred
- Experience in creating and/or managing client User Groups and Certification programs
- Six Sigma experience desired
- Experience with LiveVox or other contact center solutions
- Exceptional at teaching, coaching, and educating others
- Excellent Team Leadership
- Time Management
- Technical Capacity in cloud software, API/web service integration, and VoIP/networks
- Communication Proficiency and Assertiveness regardless of the audience
This position will lead two team members to start, primarily Trainers/Content Creators, and expanding the team in the future. In addition to his/her own work, the Director of Product Learning and Education will also be responsible for the work and output of this team.
This job generally operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This position has the potential to require long hours and some weekend work.
Travel is primarily local during the business day. However, there may be up to 20% out-of-the-area and overnight travel required at times depending on what certain projects, conferences, or training programs may require.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Important Facts about LiveVox as an Employer
LiveVox is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. We're always looking to bring smart, talented people with diverse backgrounds, interests and experiences to join our team. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.