Senior Staff Performance Engineer
LiveVox is a leading provider of cloud contact center and customer care solutions, managing more than 12 billion interactions annually. With 15+ years of pure cloud expertise, we empower effective channel of choice engagement strategies and enable our clients to excel in changing business environments. In the last several years, we expanded our best in class ‘4-clouds’ telephony platform into a comprehensive, omni-channel solution suite, including Workforce Optimization (WFO) and CRM. LiveVox is now the best-positioned solution for the $25 Billion midmarket and enterprise market, where customers are demanding a fully integrated, cloud-based, omni-channel customer care platform. We have over 450 employees globally and are rapidly growing in every department. Headquartered in San Francisco, our teams are located across the US, India, and Colombia. Come join our growing team! To learn more, visit http://www.livevox.com
As a member of the Software Performance Engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand application architecture, and troubleshoot production and performance issues.
- Evaluate and benchmark new technologies and work with development engineering in desiging product archirectures.
- Work with multiple product teams to design, create, execute and analyze performance tests; Fix the performance issues and recommend performance turning.
- Support remediating bottlenecks of application, front-end and database layers.
- Reduce toil by means of automation of the process and adopt data driven innovation culture.
- Drive industry best practices in methodologies and standards of development, performance engineering, and quality and CI/CD process.
- Design, execute, and automate performance and scalability test cases for measurement of throughput, latency and response times under various load conditions.
- Able to analyse results, and make deployment and scalability recommendations based on findings.
- Experience in optimizing, enhancing, speeding, and tuning Java / J2EE application.
- Experienced in Cloud Computing performance testing/monitoring.
- Experience in analysing Memory leaks; thread DUMPS, CPU utilization, optimization database and applying tuning necessary.
- Expertise in performance analysis of complex Java and database applications.
- Knowledge of Java CPU, memory or object allocation profiling.
- Strong Expertise with analysing and debugging performance issues on Oracle databases.
- Highly self-motivated that works with minimal supervision, is a fast learner and a team player.
- Creative thinking, good problem-solving skills.
- Good verbal and written English communication skills.
- Should have experience in the protocols like HTTP, Webservices, SOA.
- Work with developers, product development, and operations teams to develop performance testing strategy and define performance/scalability metrics and scenarios.
- BE/BTECH in Computer Science or related technical degree required.
LiveVox is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, ability, gender identity or Veteran status. We consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
We believe strongly in the value of diverse perspectives and work hard to foster a culture that’s open and inclusive. If you have a special need or require accommodations, please let us know. We're always looking for smart, talented people with diverse backgrounds, interests, and experiences to join our team.