Regional Director, Early Education & Child Care
Regional Director Job Description
- Minimum 5 years’ progressive leadership in organizations in continuous transformation
- Exceptional interpersonal and verbal communication skills, especially in relationship building and management
- Team player with flexible, collaborative approach and ability to advocate for others
- Solid business acumen, management, analytical, and problem-thinking skills
- Experience managing multi-unit operations in Early Education
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible Full Time schedule that may include weekends and holidays
At Little Sprouts, we value our FRIENDS.
F amily First - We emphasize above all else the importance of family. We nurture our family of educators, who in turn nurture the families we serve. We are a loving people: a family, not just a team.
- Collect and distribute family feedback, working to continuously improve service and quality
- Perform outreach activities to ensure staff and families alike are having a positive experience at Little Sprouts
- Follow all policies and procedures, especially those in the Staff and Family Handbooks
- Abide by the confidentiality policies dictated by state regulations and by the organization
- Demonstrate superior leadership in communicating with all Little Sprouts’ stakeholders, including staff, children, families, early education colleagues (e.g. licensors, accreditors), community partners, vendors, contractors, and sponsors
- Proactively support and promote Little Sprouts’ philosophies, policies, and procedures
R eal Passion – We only surround ourselves with professionals who have a deep-rooted passion for educating young children.
- Model the behavior desired of teachers and other employees
- Promote the importance of the Education Team generally and the Education Coach role specifically
- Conduct executive meetings with comprehensive director team
- Exhibit positive, collegial, productive relationships with everyone in the organization
- Follow Executive Team direction and demonstrate flexibility in accepting tasks delegated
- Exhibit the ability to delegate, while maintaining accountability
I nnovating Always - We consider ourselves throught-leaders in early education, but we remain open-minded about new research-based findings to deploy in our classrooms.
- Attend training sessions, workshops, and seminars to expand knowledge base and provide improved practices for the organization
- Identify improvements within quality control strategies
- Assist in securing and maintaining NAEYC accreditation at all schools
E very Child Every Day – We deliver individualized and intentional curriculum lovingly and consistently to children from all walks of life.
- Develop mastery of State Early Education licensure regulations, including the ability to prepare centers for licensure visits, communicate with licensors, and adapt to changing regulations
- Develop mastery of curriculum guidelines, including NAEYC standards, Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care frameworks, and 7 Habits of Highly Effective People management tools
- Serve as primary customer service representative for issues escalated beyond Executive Director
N ot Daycare – We are not babysitters. We are educators…and so much more.
- Administer Little Sprouts’ Quality Control Report to measure and provide feedback on school quality
- Project a positive image and a neat, professional appearance – at a higher standard than other staff
- Proactively schedule administrator connection time, ensuring that Executive Directors have an opportunity to express desires and concerns, and have access to your time
- Perform oversite of the day-to-day business operations of the schools
- Communicate concerns and non-compliances immediately to Executive Team
- Maintain and improve center facilities, including maintenance, IT, and inventory
- Ensure that classroom supplies and materials are consistently, but not excessively, replenished
D riving Growth – We have unyielding focus on creating opportunity. We know that we cannot grow as an organization unless we first invest in our collective personal and professional growth.
- Proactively pursue the professional development of every staff member, ensuring staff attend at least 20 hours per year of training and development, including 25% in the special needs area
- Develop and sustain staff succession plan, ensuring that candidates for ED are developing in a timely manner
- Engage high-performing EDs in preparation for RD responsibilities
- Lead the licensing, furnishing, advertising, opening, hiring and training of new, start-up locations
- Facilitate seeding and growth of LS culture and process in new schools
- Coordinate several projects at the same time while prioritizing competing demands on time frames; possess strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to travel to any location where the Company operates and expand territory as business needs dictate
S howing Results – We demonstrate our success with tangible, data-driven outcomes.
- Supervise regional and school budgets, supporting Executive Directors in producing and adhering to projections and budgets and in meeting organizations goals and objectives
- Support all regional and school marketing outreach, enrollment, staffing, and financial management
- Manage the organization’s marketing and sales efforts, continuously improving enrollment
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common information, reports and other documents. Ability to quickly and clearly respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or company representatives. Ability to effectively present information to management.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand for long periods of time, sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands and fingers, to handle, or feel, sit for long periods of time, stand frequently, bend, squat, reach and turn to access files and office equipment. Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
Keywords: Early Education Management, Child Care, Center Director, Director of Operations, Regional Director, Area Manager, Regional Manager, District Manager, Education of young learners, Early Education & Child Care - EEC, Little Sprouts Regional Director