Certified Preschool Teacher
Lowell Collaborative Preschool Academy
The Teacher is responsible for creating a warm, welcoming and inviting educational environment for children and families. They are responsible for curriculum implementation at the direction of the Master Teacher and must be able to meet all EEC and QRIS standards.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain compliance with all federal, state and local regulations related to MA Department of Early Education and C
- Responsible for maintaining a clean, safe, healthy and developmentally appropriate classroom environment
- Work with the Master Teacher, following their direction to plan and implement curriculum that meets both group and individual child needs which encourages the cognitive, physical, emotional and social development of each child and family and assures that school readiness goals are being me
- In conjunction with other Lowell Collaborative Preschool Academy staff, participate in overall program activities such as recruitment, completing health/developmental screenings and other child and program assessments as required.
- Document and maintain records including observational, behavioral, attendance and other required reports.
- Maintain ongoing communication with parents, Master Teachers, and management staff, including making home visits and scheduling parent-teacher conference
- In the absence of the Master Teacher, provide continuity of care by assuring implementation of the curriculum activities and direct other classroom staff, interns and volunteers to implement the activities.
- Assure site and sound supervision and monitoring of children at all times.
- Support parent engagement in the classroom, offering general information on a daily basis and taking initiative to build relationships.
- Abide by confidentiality policies while demonstrating appreciation for and sensitivity to the diversity among individuals.
- Actively engage in professional skill development and growth for themselves through participation in training, educational activities and the opportunity to refine skills with the support from a Master Teacher and coach.
- Uphold the values, vision and goals of the CPPI Project (grant program).
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Associate’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field preferred.
- 1 year to 5 years teaching experience preferred.
- 1 year of experience working with low income individuals or families preferred.
- Desire to work with low income, culturally diverse, and at-risk families and individual
- Excellent Customer Service, organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work in a fast-paced, growing and changing environment.
- Basic Technology skills required.
- Excellent crisis management skill
- Good attention to detail.
- Bilingual skills (English/Spanish or English/Khmer) are a plus
LICENSES and CERTIFICATES:
- Department of Early Education and Care (EEC) Preschool Teacher Certification required