Director, Customer & Talent Acquisition
Director, Customer & Talent Acquisition
Little Sprouts Early Education & Child Care
Title: Director, Customer & Talent Acquisition
Reports To: Chief Experience Officer (CXO)
Location: Lawrence, MA (Boston Area)
For results-driven, innovative leaders with a passion for people, this important leadership position combines sales, recruiting, and service to directly impact growth and create value for the organization.
In this high-profile role of Director, Customer & Talent Acquisition, you will manage a team of sales and recruiting professionals to optimize revenue generation across the organization. This position was derived from the key insight that increasing our number of teachers enables us to increase the number of families we enroll. By hiring quality employees that remain employed long-term, we can admit more families into our program and share inspiring learning experiences with even more children. As the Director of the department, we want you to jump in, ready to make an impact, and work alongside your team to break through barriers, innovate processes, and drive results.
On the Experience Team at Little Sprouts Early Education & Child Care, we are the stewards of the family and employee experiences. We are responsible for filling our schools with happy people: happy customers through family admissions and happy employees through talent acquisition. Informed by data analytics and a deep understanding of customer and employee behavior, we make a profound difference in the lives of our staff, families, and children every day. Come join us!
The Director of Customer & Talent Acquisition will drive top-line revenue by maximizing conversions of private pay families and qualified staff. Managing a team of six (6) sales and recruiting professionals, the Director will report to the Chief Experience Officer (CXO) and engage directly with senior leadership to propel organic and new business growth.
The following responsibilities will be prioritized based on the current needs of the business:
- Manage and optimize centralized call centers – both sales and recruiting (6 direct reports) – to identify synergies, implement best practices, and convert leads.
- Eliminate staffing barriers to enable the most profitable enrollment across the entire school portfolio.
- Understand the competitive landscape and recommend opportunities to win enrollments and candidates every time.
- Ensure that all touchpoints with prospective families and candidates are made with consistency, quality, and at regular intervals.
- Manage external agency and supplier partners in executing tactical plans.
- Collaborate across functional lines to maximize resources and budget to receive quality family inquiries and staff applications in abundance.
- Proactively expand both candidate and family pipelines to minimize classroom vacancies.
- Support rapid growth and integration of new schools, particularly by ensuring that enrollment initiatives are never hampered by inadequate staffing levels.
- Optimize sales and recruiting funnels to increase inquiry-to-conversion ratios by leveraging data-driven analyses, training key personnel, and continuously innovating functional processes.
- Reduce costs associated with acquiring staff and families to positively impact the bottom-line and meet EBITDA targets.
- Evaluate and implement scalable solutions to streamline, automate, and accelerate customer and talent acquisition processes.
- Develop creative and sustainable ways to build team comradery and motivate employees to achieve results.
- Set forth clear, measurable performance goals for all direct reports and institute a culture of high accountability in striving toward revenue optimization.
- Consistently train and coach all team members and in-school Executive Directors on conversion techniques, including touring, interviews, offers, and follow up to “close the deal” with a family/candidate with the utmost urgency.
- Effectively manage team and interface with cross-functional leaders through organizational change and crisis.
- Demonstrate qualities of a selfless, team-oriented individual who consistently supports colleagues and is always willing to help.
- Serve as a steward and gatekeeper for employee culture, service and professionalism.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 10+ years post-undergraduate relevant experience in marketing, sales, recruiting, or call center service field.
- Demonstrated track record in delivering sustainable business results through best-in-class people management practices; previous manager of at least 4+ people.
- Committed to analytical rigor and data-driven recommendations; can extract clear insights from large quantities of data.
- Technologically-savvy: proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word); CRM or ATS experience a plus.
- Must demonstrate an ability to proactively develop and implement new, creative ideas for growth.
- A self-confident, extroverted style that can enliven, engage, and positively impact individuals and groups.
- Motivated, highly organized, and flexible; an open-minded self-starter with a teamwork orientation.
- Excellent time management, oral/written communication skills.
- Ability to work under deadlines and move quickly and comfortably between projects.
- Genuine interest in accepting, offering and implementing feedback.
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion, equal employment opportunity, team building, and development at all levels.
- Role based in Lawrence, MA (north of Boston).
- Is able to work at least a full-time, 40-hour a week schedule in the office, sometimes off-hours as the business requires (i.e., evening open houses or travel).
- Is able to sit for long periods of time at a computer in a primarily sedentary position; manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Some travel is required to schools, events, meetings, or new school/acquisition scoping: is able to travel in a car for up to 5 hours or fly. Local travel more frequent; may travel longer distances 1 time per quarter.
- If occasionally supporting a classroom, is able to stand on feet for up to 90% of the day, capable of lifting up to 30 pounds, able to sit on the floor and crouch down, and perform all activities with the children including running, jumping, etc.
ABOUT LITTLE SPROUTS & OUR FAMILY OF BRANDS
When we first opened Little Sprouts in 1982, we knew we were onto something big. We recognized the importance of giving children an early start in education and the amazing impact it can have on their lifelong development. Today, we continue to be an innovator in early childhood education by creating a learning approach that gives new meaning and dimension to the concept of literacy.
As the organization continues to grow, we seek candidates that share in our passion for high-quality early education and care. We endeavor to support our team members and family of brands with innovative business solutions, customized coaching, and knowledge-sharing of best practices. We are on a meaningful journey to expand the power and potential of early education so that more children can experience the wonder and discovery of learning.