Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Sr. Manufacturing Engineer
Liquid Robotics is currently seeking a skilled Manufacturing Engineer to help us implement manufacturing processes that result in high-quality products. The ideal person will need to have working knowledge of tool design and fabrication methods. Other necessary manufacturing engineer skills include project management ability, commitment to quality, and familiarity with safety and environmental standards. If you’re also inventive and meticulous, we’d like to meet you. Ultimately, you’ll be the one to ensure our production lines work efficiently and effectively to satisfy our customers. This role will be based in Herndon, VA and will require travel to Sunnyvale, California the first 6 months for training.
- Evaluate manufacturing processes based on quality criteria, such as efficiency and speed
- Study production and machine requirements
- Develop and test effective automated and manual systems
- Design and install equipment
- Organize and manage manufacturing workflows and resources
- Integrate disparate systems (e.g. equipment handling, transport)
- Optimize facility layouts, production lines, machine operations and network performance
- Resolve issues and delays in production
- Find ways to reduce costs and maximize quality
- Train staff in new and existing processes
- Collaborate with other engineers, contractors and suppliers
- Ensure that manufacturing procedures follow safety and environmental regulations
- Upgrade systems and processes with new technology
- Previous experience as a manufacturing engineer or similar role
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, fabrication methods and tool design
- Familiarity with manufacturing equipment and quality assurance techniques
- Commitment to health and safety standards and environmental regulations
- Well-versed in relevant software (e.g. CAD, MS Office)
- Project management skills
- Problem-solving ability
- Teamwork skills
- Ability to occasionally work late shifts
- Degree in Engineering; post-graduate degree is a plus
- Will require travel to Sunnyvale, California the first 6 months for training.
- U.S. Person or Permanent Residency status required.
Liquid Robotics designs and manufactures Wave Gliders®, the world’s first wave and solar powered autonomous ocean robots. With partners, they address challenges facing defense, Oil & Gas, commercial and science customers by making ocean data collections and communications easier safer and in real-time. Liquid Robotics was acquired by Boeing in December of 2016 and operates as an independent non-integrated subsidiary.
For more info, please visit www.liquid-robotics.com
Liquid Robotics is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
As a U.S. government contractor, Liquid Robotics will require all new hires and employees located in the United States to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by December 8, 2021. Individuals who are unable to be fully vaccinated due to a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may apply for a reasonable accommodation during the post-offer process. Individuals who are approved for a reasonable accommodation will be subject to frequent COVID-19 testing and possibly other health and safety measures. Employees working in certain positions may be required to undergo frequent COVID-19 testing prior to December 8th if they are not fully vaccinated.
The candidate must provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or undergo frequent COVID-19 testing (and possibly other health and safety measures). Effective December 8th, 2021, Boeing will require all new hires and employees located in the United States to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (without frequent testing as an alternative). Individuals who are unable to be fully vaccinated due to a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may apply for a reasonable accommodation. Individuals who are approved for a reasonable accommodation will be subject to frequent COVID-19 testing and possibly other health and safety measures.