Electrical Test Engineer
Electrical Test Engineer
Liquid Robotics is currently seeking a skilled Electrical Test Engineer. Reporting to the Manufacturing Engineer Manager, he/she will establish and execute on a production PCBA test strategy for multiple printed circuit assemblies for a higher reliability, autonomous ocean going robotic product. This role will also establish test strategies for higher level assemblies in a low to medium volume manufacturing environment. This role will be based in Herndon, VA and will require travel to Sunnyvale, California the first 6 months for training.
- Provide technical expertise to the Manufacturing and Contract Partners to ensure test readiness for new products (PCBA’s/Assemblies) and to resolve any test engineering-related issues through the life of the products.
- Liaison with engineering team to ensure testable designs.
- Define test requirements for PCBA’s and equipment to support production hardware test.
- Design and develops production test fixtures for PCBA’s/electrical subassemblies/RF systems.
- Perform test fixture bring up, characterization, validation (existing fixtures), debug, and deployment to Contract Manufacturers.
- Perform failure analyses during manufacturing builds and participate in continuous improvements in product manufacturability and testability, contributing to the production of the highest quality products.
- Possesses intimate knowledge of current production test methodologies for printed circuit board assemblies.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- 5-7 years of experience with productions hardware test, electronics/electrical systems (PCBAs and assemblies).
- 2-3 years hands on development of test fixture programming.
- Proven experience leading a small team in the development and deployment of a test technology into a production environment.
- Experience performing test data analysis in a production environment.
- Working experience with lab equipment (spectrum/network analyzers, Oscilloscpe, etc.)
- Will require travel to Sunnyvale, California the first 6 months for training.
- U.S. Person or Permanent Residency status Required.
- MS degree in Electrical, related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Experience performing root cause analysis of printed circuit assembly failures.
- Experience performing root cause analysis of electronic and electrical subassemblies.
- Experience with test development software and Linux tools to explore test and performance issues, I/O issues.
- Familiarity with PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) systems.
- Proven project management experience.
As a U.S. government contractor, Liquid Robotics will require all new hires and employees located in the United States to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by December 8, 2021. Individuals who are unable to be fully vaccinated due to a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may apply for a reasonable accommodation during the post-offer process. Individuals who are approved for a reasonable accommodation will be subject to frequent COVID-19 testing and possibly other health and safety measures. Employees working in certain positions may be required to undergo frequent COVID-19 testing prior to December 8th if they are not fully vaccinated.
The candidate must provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or undergo frequent COVID-19 testing (and possibly other health and safety measures). Effective December 8th, 2021, Boeing will require all new hires and employees located in the United States to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (without frequent testing as an alternative). Individuals who are unable to be fully vaccinated due to a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may apply for a reasonable accommodation. Individuals who are approved for a reasonable accommodation will be subject to frequent COVID-19 testing and possibly other health and safety measures.