QA Automation Manager, Business Applications
QA Automation Manager, Business Applications
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and everyday millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world’s workforce in ways no other company can. We’re much more than a digital resume – we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
Searching for your dream job? At LinkedIn, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose. Join us in changing the way the world works.
LinkedIn is looking for a highly motivated team player ready to play a key role of QA Automation Manager, Business Application group (BizApps).
The position will be responsible for leading QA team, advancement of DevOps practices and developing and implementing QA testing strategy inclusive of people, process and tools. This role will closely work with senior management as well as foster relationships with key stakeholders to apprise of technologies and trends in QA Automation/DevOps; proactively identifies opportunities for using technology for realizing business and IT strategy. Effectively collaborates with other members of the QA team, Development, and project team to align work efforts and develop/execute tactical plans. Role requires hands-on experience with testing and DevOps tools.
- Develop and implement a QA Testing Strategy inclusive of people, process, and tools
- Analyzing changing business requirements and develop effective test strategies and plans
- Own the overall technical road-map of automated testing solutions in collaboration with Development, QA and Infrastructure teams
- Assist teams in design and development of testing automation scripts for Oracle ERP Application including Microsoft Dynamics, Salesforce, and web-based custom applications
- Provide expertise in implementing and managing new testing automation standards (based on industry best practices) and frameworks
- Advocate for the advancement of DevOps practices and CICD (Continuous Integration Continuous Delivery)
- Innovate for continuous improvement, implementing optimizations for additional value and efficiencies
- Manage and provide guidance to the vendor managed testing team.
- Role requires 30% management and 70% hands-on work.
- Develop and maintain KPI driven test automation framework(s) for continuous improvement
- New and innovative ways to continuously enhance the quality of our applications by enhancement of current framework, building automation & DevOps, thrive in bring in innovations and implement NextGen in to Testing delivery
- Support multiple cross-functional project teams with estimation, planning, and strategy for testing ERP systems, Web applications, micro services, Business Analytics and integrations
- 6+ years of experience in leading and overseeing quality assurance work and leading vendor managed testing services.
- 3+ years hands-on experience in building out automation frameworks within the Enterprise QA specifically with automation frameworks such as Selenium, HP UTF, Jenkins, etc
- Experience with tools and technologies spanning Relational Databases, Big Data, Cloud Platforms (Azure) and Web Services
- 2+ years of experience with DevOps and CI/CD delivery methodology, technologies and implementation.
- BS/BA degree in Information Systems or Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- Nice to have exposure to business applications such as Oracle ERP, Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics, Power BI and other cloud-based applications
- Nice to have exposure to Web technologies (Microsoft & Java)
- Operational exposure to Azure technology stack and Big Data Ecosystem
- Possess a deep understanding of SQA methodologies and practices
- Track record for driving strategic quality initiatives from ideation and planning through execution and implementation
- Strong experience with Test Management Tools (HP ALM and Azure DevOps) and test data management tools (GenRocket)
- Able to effectively work in partnership with customers, vendors, and peers; possess excellent written and oral communication skills in advocating for a proactive and pragmatic approach to testing & DevOps
- Strong experience working on different software development methodologies (Waterfall, Iterative and Agile)
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills, relationship building skills, and ability to achieve results
Equal Opportunity Statement
LinkedIn is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. LinkedIn considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class. LinkedIn is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer as described in our equal opportunity statement here. Please reference the Equal Employment Opportunity statement here and supplement here for more information.
LinkedIn is an equal employment opportunity employer offering opportunities to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com. This email box is designed to assist disabled job seekers who seek a reasonable accommodation to the application process. Emails sent for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
In your email, please include the following: (1) confirm you have a disability; (2) identify the disability-related limitation that needs to be accommodated, and (3) if known, describe the specific accommodation requested for the disability-related limitation. A response to your request may take up to three business days.
LinkedIn will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by LinkedIn, or (c) consistent with LinkedIn's legal duty to furnish information.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
As a federal contractor, LinkedIn follows the Pay Transparency and non-discrimination provisions described at this link: https://lnkd.in/paytransparency.
Global Data Privacy Notice
This document provides transparency around the way in which LinkedIn handles personal data of employees and job applicants at this link: https://lnkd.in/GlobalDataPrivacyNotice.