Events Technology Senior Manager
The Global Event Marketing (GEM) team is looking for an Event Technology Operations Senior Manager who will be responsible for researching, recommending, managing and maintaining event technology improvement initiatives at LinkedIn. The ideal candidate will design, build, and implement systems and tools to drive process improvements around event operations, data tracking and measurement.
This position will report to the GEM Center of Excellence Group Manager and work closely with the Global Events Marketing team, procurement, house security, Digital Solutions team, legal and others. A successful candidate will be a positive influencer across diverse teams to proactively remove roadblocks.
- Manage event tech stack and recommend an event technology roadmap with an eye on scalability.
- Design, build, and implement systems and tools to drive process improvements around event operations and data measurement including registration, mobile app, procurement, promotions, meeting management, content management, online collaboration and analytics for event measurement reporting.
- Drive the annual and quarterly planning process, lead budgeting and forecasting for this area and will help with the prioritization and scoping of new technologies and initiatives.
- Establish event technology project management and SLAs for individual events engagements.
- Manage RFP process of event technology suppliers, development engagement process model and lead supplier in-progress meetings.
- Manage and maintain core Event Platform and Integrations, including related onsite tools, mobile apps, and other functionality.
- Manage event technology program contractors
- BA or higher in business or technology
- 7+ years of experience in an event marketing technology and management role
- You have a clear aptitude for the development of processes that lead to more highly-performing individuals and teams.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once, set priorities, work enthusiastically and independently, problem solve, improvise, manage conflicting priorities, and function as part of a team that performs in accelerated situations.
- Agile thinker who can take initiative and think creatively in order to make valuable contributions.
- Independent and motivated self-starter with strong interpersonal skills and proven success at meeting deadlines.
- Experience in working in marketing and fast pace environment
- Supervisory/Management experience
- Experience with event technology tools, such as registration platforms, data analytics, mobile apps, content management software, and online collaboration tools like Sharepoint and Microsoft office products.
- You are a problem solver with a consistent track record for delivering operational excellence within a dynamic organization.
- Must understand data privacy and security basics including GDPR
- You have an ability to strategically assess business needs and recommend, develop/deliver solutions.
- You are a strong collaborator and communicator capable of working in a highly cross-functional environment. A person with the energy, drive, passion, and enthusiasm to do and be the very best.
This role will be based in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, New York, DC or Chicago depending on which location the applicant chosen for the role is currently residing.
Equal Opportunity Statement
LinkedIn is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. LinkedIn considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class. LinkedIn is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer as described in our equal opportunity statement here. Please reference the Equal Employment Opportunity statement here and supplement here for more information.
LinkedIn is an equal employment opportunity employer offering opportunities to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. This email box is designed to assist disabled job seekers who seek a reasonable accommodation to the application process. Emails sent for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
In your email, please include the following: (1) confirm you have a disability; (2) identify the disability-related limitation that needs to be accommodated, and (3) if known, describe the specific accommodation requested for the disability-related limitation. A response to your request may take up to three business days.
LinkedIn will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by LinkedIn, or (c) consistent with LinkedIn's legal duty to furnish information.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
As a federal contractor, LinkedIn follows the Pay Transparency and non-discrimination provisions described at this link: https://lnkd.in/paytransparency.
Global Data Privacy Notice
This document provides transparency around the way in which LinkedIn handles personal data of employees and job applicants at this link: https://lnkd.in/GlobalDataPrivacyNotice.