Manager, User Experience Design
Manager, User Experience Design – Mountain View
LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities, and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world’s workforce in ways no other company can. We’re much more than a digital resume – we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
At LinkedIn, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose. Are you looking for an opportunity to bring delight to millions of people? We’re looking for a User Experience Design Manager to oversee our Profile team in Mountain View. You’ll use your passion for creating world-class products to shape the direction of our incredibly fast-growing company. You’ll collaborate with our product, engineering, research, and analytics teams to help members represent themselves in their best light and receive access to opportunities through being active members of the community.
- Define, direct, and oversee the creative strategy and direction of our Profile and Analytics products
- Proactively seek opportunities to improve the horizontal experience for our ecosystem
- Effectively communicate ideas, design rationale and specifics of the design approach
- Create holistic design solutions that address business, brand, and user requirements
- Manage, coach, and provide directed feedback to product designers and leads to deliver the final product
- To be considered for this position, you must include your portfolio, website or other samples of work.
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience managing and directing creative projects
- Experience directing and guiding a team through a complete lifecycle of several launched projects
- Solid understanding of design principles with a strong eye for great design
- Ability to present cohesive design approaches to a non-design audience (including business, product, and technology teams)
- Ability to grasp multiple product requirements and scope design work accordingly with careful attention to detail
- Ability to effectively manage time, prioritize tasks, and work within deadlines with little supervision
Equal Opportunity Statement
LinkedIn is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. LinkedIn considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class. LinkedIn is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer as described in our equal opportunity statement here. Please reference the Equal Employment Opportunity statement here and supplement here for more information.
LinkedIn is an equal employment opportunity employer offering opportunities to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com. This email box is designed to assist disabled job seekers who seek a reasonable accommodation to the application process. Emails sent for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
In your email, please include the following: (1) confirm you have a disability; (2) identify the disability-related limitation that needs to be accommodated, and (3) if known, describe the specific accommodation requested for the disability-related limitation. A response to your request may take up to three business days.
LinkedIn will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by LinkedIn, or (c) consistent with LinkedIn's legal duty to furnish information.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
As a federal contractor, LinkedIn follows the Pay Transparency and non-discrimination provisions described at this link: https://lnkd.in/paytransparency.
Global Data Privacy Notice
This document provides transparency around the way in which LinkedIn handles personal data of employees and job applicants at this link: https://lnkd.in/GlobalDataPrivacyNotice.