Director, Global Payroll
Director, Global Payroll
LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world’s workforce in ways no other company can. We’re much more than a digital resume – we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
Searching for your dream job? At LinkedIn, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose. Join us in changing the way the world works.
The Global Payroll and Employment Tax team is looking for a creative, enthusiastic, and experienced Director for Global Payroll who will be responsible for the end-to-end execution of the Global Payroll Operations process. This person will be hands on and work closely with the existing payroll operations team, the Employment Tax team, as well as other cross-functional stakeholders to drive standardization and optimization of the global payroll operations process. This position has significant leadership accountability and change management responsibilities in our team.
The Director, Global Payroll will make key business decisions that impact the global payroll operations process and will collaborate with global team members in Talent Services, Compensation & Benefits teams to prioritize process and system improvement initiatives. A key driver in project delivery, the GPO will contribute to the process of gathering and validating business requirements and sign off at each critical phase during the project lifecycle. The ideal candidate must be hands-on and must be a collaborative, professional, and service-oriented approach to interacting with these business partners.
- Reports to the Director, Global Payroll & Employment Tax.
- Lead the US and international payroll operations as well as transformation efforts
- Managing a high performing team of payroll professionals
- Initiates process and system changes and enhancements; works with the payroll operations team and other cross-functional business partners to prioritize process and system improvement initiatives impacting the global payroll process, including planning and managing the overall project roadmap
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders both within the Global Talent Organization and related business units, and continuously optimize the service delivery and leadership model
- Drive improvements and establish best-in-class processes for global payroll and related programs which meet jurisdictional compliance requirements, delivers outstanding employee support and enables our global expansion programs
- Communicate the priorities, partner requirements and sequential steps in operationalizing the Global payroll transformation roadmap and ensuring alignment across the organization
- Lead the various project teams in the execution of the change management priorities and deliver projects on time and budget
- Continuously partner with the HRIT, Benefits, Finance and other related organizations to ensure that the end to end payroll input and output processes are optimized
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance / Accounting, or related discipline
- 12+ years of experience in payroll operations in a global organization
- Experience with ADP payroll platforms, including ADP Global View and ADP Streamline
- Expertise in the end-to-end global payroll process and high level of understanding of general business operations and internal control concepts; ability to assess and provide input into impact of a business process / system change
- Ability to think strategically and also act operationally; ability to manage ambiguity, risk, and changing direction of projects and strategies
- Team player, flexible, and ability to resolve conflicts
- Experience working with a geographically dispersed team
- Familiarity with business practices and cultures across multiple international regions
- Strong experience in identifying US and global payroll optimization opportunities and driving the subsequent implementation of related projects.
- Demonstration of successful interaction with cross-functional business partners
- Experience with managing under Service Level Agreement (SLA), Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and performance metrics and monitoring for in scope activities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Equal Opportunity Statement
LinkedIn is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. LinkedIn considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class. LinkedIn is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer as described in our equal opportunity statement here. Please reference the Equal Employment Opportunity statement here and supplement here for more information.
LinkedIn is an equal employment opportunity employer offering opportunities to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com. This email box is designed to assist disabled job seekers who seek a reasonable accommodation to the application process. Emails sent for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
In your email, please include the following: (1) confirm you have a disability; (2) identify the disability-related limitation that needs to be accommodated, and (3) if known, describe the specific accommodation requested for the disability-related limitation. A response to your request may take up to three business days.
LinkedIn will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by LinkedIn, or (c) consistent with LinkedIn's legal duty to furnish information.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
As a federal contractor, LinkedIn follows the Pay Transparency and non-discrimination provisions described at this link: https://lnkd.in/paytransparency.
Global Data Privacy Notice
This document provides transparency around the way in which LinkedIn handles personal data of employees and job applicants at this link: https://lnkd.in/GlobalDataPrivacyNotice.